"A La Anne Geddes" - Do It All In Producer

Please post your tutorials here for ProShow Producer only. Provide a lnk if you have a file that can be downloaded by others. This is not a discussion section, but rather a source for sharing tutorials.

"A La Anne Geddes" - Do It All In Producer

Postby debngar » Wed Jan 28, 2009 3:01 pm

A user in another forum asked how one could have an image appear inside a camera's viewfinder without spilling out behind/underneath/outside the parameters of the camera image.

The user had already cut out the hole for the viewfinder using an image editor like Photoshop.

But that actually isn't necessary (unless you really want to go to the trouble doing that) if the area for the "hole" is 4 sided and has parallel sides. You can utilize a rectangular gradient mask and unlock X & Y to resize the area and rotate the mask if necessary to line it up over the area you want to make the "hole".

This is an example of what can be done to accomplish an effect like that without any Photoshopping at all. This very short example is a bit different though in that I chose to use a radial (round) gradient mask layer for my example. It still works the same though. Even though the bottom image in this example is small, if it were large enough to cover the whole screen instead, it still would not show on the outside area around the flower image layer on top.

You need to know how to create/manipulate/resize the gradient in the Producer gradient editing window to make this work because that part is not covered in the tutorial. Only general steps are included to show how it's done. Without basic hands on working knowledge of the features in Producer, these instruction may be a bit advanced for the Producer beginner.

"A La Anne Geddes" - Do It All In Producer! - 1:27 min
http://deborahgreenphotography.wordpres ... tutorials/
Debbie
Photography http://deborah-green.com

Re: "A La Anne Geddes" - Do It All In Producer

Postby tomdavis » Wed Jan 28, 2009 8:34 pm

Your just DOWN RIGHT GOOD Debbie!!!!!!! Do you ever run out of ideas????????????????

Tom

Esteemed Member

Postby mikemullett » Thu Jan 29, 2009 1:47 am

Hi Debbie

Great effect - But - I can only view it on your Blog site as a UTube Video, no more saving it to my hard disk for viewing again at my leisure.
Have to download it each time :cry:
Is there no chance of you posting these excellent examples on the Photodex site :?:

. . . Mike
There's no such thing as problems, only challenges
Nikon D5300 DSLR, PSP, Photoshop CS6, Premiere Elements 8, Adobe After Effects. Have just built a Win 7 Core I5 machine, 8G ram, 1TB hard disk

Postby trulytango » Thu Jan 29, 2009 2:13 am

Hi Debbie

The link took me to your blog... by the way - that's looking great :D ... but after that, I gave up waiting for the show to load. I know its likely to be me, and I don't know why exactly, but I cannot get these Youtube shows to play quick enough. In the end I went to Youtube itself and searched for your show - it played almost immediately from there!

Nice work... the results are lovely - and the possibilities are endless!

In the days before my brain turned to jelly, that's how I made a dead rat in the sea, float slowly to the surface - but your choice of subject is far more appealing :lol:

TTFN
Iris

Postby debngar » Thu Jan 29, 2009 6:21 am

Mike and Iris,

One of the reasons I have for starting to post tutorials on YouTube is so I can embed them in my blog and for the HD quality full screen viewing option. I've had a bit of trouble myself viewing certain shows on the Photodex website lately and not enough time to trouble-shoot the issue properly being busy with other things on my plate.

I think there's a way to download shows off of YouTube. I recall someone else posting how to do that but I didn't pay any attention to it at the time.

The first day a show is uploaded to YouTube, I think playback can be a bit troublesome. Sometimes doesn't offer the HD version for a while. But I think once a day or so has passed, most of the time it works fairly well.

Eventually the blog will be transferred to a self-hosted one where I'll have more flexibility in formatting, what I can put in it and so forth. Having to stack the tutorials on top of each other because I choose to put them on a sub page is not appealing to me. I don't wish to have them in posts like the other content and regular type of shows. There's a YouTube plug-in for blogs that gets rid of the "suggested related shows" appearing at the end which I'm interested in using too but not able to with the current blog format.

This "A La Anne Geddes" tutorial is nothing new or special really. But I like the effect and for newbies, thought they might enjoy the idea for potential combination of images. Thanks for taking a look and for your comments and feedback. I'll take it into consideration and see if I can find a way to make them available so you can play them at your leisure.

P.S. - if the show is "stuck" in the blog and won't load, I'm not sure if it will do any better in YouTube. But if you double-click on the show screen in the blog, I've found it automatically takes you to the YouTube site where you can try and play it there instead.
Debbie
Photography http://deborah-green.com

dnmilikan

Postby dnmilikan » Thu Jan 29, 2009 12:00 pm

I download from Youtube a fair amount. I use a free Youtube downloader and then I convert the FLV file to an AVI in Axara. Taking this a step further, if you want to rip the music track from the AVI you can do so by loading the AVI into a video program (I use Sony Vegas Platinum). Once loaded in Vegas, by turning off the video track you can separate the audio track as an MP3 file.

Taking this a step futher still (off topic) you can convert WAV files to MP3 in NCH Switch. (free download of the basic program...purchase for the full program).

Good luck,

Don

Postby BarbaraC » Thu Jan 29, 2009 12:56 pm

Debbie, it played immediately for me, though at one point I had to put it on pause because the play button was catching up to the download bar, but that's no big deal.

I love the way we're all always going around our you-know-what to get to our elbow while you look at your Producer screen, think a bit, and then say, "Aha! It can be done right inside Producer!"

Good stuff.

Barbara

Return to PSP - Tutorials