Easiest way to combine sevral shows in a project

Please post your tutorials here for ProShow Producer only. Provide a lnk if you have a file that can be downloaded by others. This is not a discussion section, but rather a source for sharing tutorials.

Easiest way to combine sevral shows in a project

Postby dnealious » Mon Jan 12, 2009 9:29 pm

I've made a wedding project made up of several slide shows. What is the best way to combine them into one final show, or to configure it so they run in the order I choose?

Thanks.
Don Nealious

Re: Easiest way to combine sevral shows in a project

Postby maxste » Mon Jan 12, 2009 9:56 pm

After saving them as seperate shows, open a new project (compilation?). With a new project opened you can open the shows in the order you want and then save the project with your individual shows in the project. After saving you can choose a burn methed (either ISO or disk). Hope this helps.
Steve
Photoshop CS3, Sony A-350, Sony A-100, Sony F707, Fuji F100FD, PSP, Blufftitler, Captions Alive Pro, One One Photo SUite 5

Postby dnealious » Mon Jan 12, 2009 10:24 pm

I already have them in the order I want in the title bar. So at this point I would burn a disk or make an ISO file?

Is there a way to run them in order without burning a disk?
Don Nealious

Honorary ProShow PHD

Postby pd » Tue Jan 13, 2009 1:54 am

dnealious wrote:I already have them in the order I want in the title bar. So at this point I would burn a disk or make an ISO file?

Is there a way to run them in order without burning a disk?

If I understand correctly, you want to check if you have succesfuly compiled in sequence your separate shows.

In that case create an executeable. If satisfied, then burn.

- You can burn directly to disk
- You can create an iso and burn to dvd using a third party program. (Nero or Imgburn)
The latter gives you the oppurtunity to burn as many dvd as you like.

pd
regards.
pd

Postby dnealious » Tue Jan 13, 2009 9:08 am

Yes. I would like to see see how it looks all strong together as a single show without taking the time to render the images and so forth. So there is now command that says, "play all shows in project"?

I've never made an executable. I've seen it come up when making a DVD, it the selection process so it will run on a PC, but that all.
Don Nealious

Postby maxste » Tue Jan 13, 2009 11:20 am

Don;
Creating an executable file is the fastest way to view your show results. If satisfied you can then go to an ISO or a DVD burn. If not satisfied make your changes in PSP (you'll have your shows available) then preview once more and burn if OK. Another method is to simply use an RW disk so that you can preview on DVD and if satisfied with the result, burn to regular DVD and rescue your re-writable disk. Hope this helps.
Steve
Photoshop CS3, Sony A-350, Sony A-100, Sony F707, Fuji F100FD, PSP, Blufftitler, Captions Alive Pro, One One Photo SUite 5

Postby nannybear » Tue Jan 13, 2009 2:31 pm

I always do the RW and watch on the big screen. Helps me know if all the remote buttons work as well, and I usually catch spelling mistakes, and safe zone issues....cheers Jan
http://www.janstephens.com or http://www.oilswithjananddonna.com/
Graphic Design, Essential Oils, Click and Grow gardening, Cooking and Merge Dragons - PSP latest - Adobe Creative Cloud Suite
You can find me on Facebook, come visit!!

Postby dnealious » Tue Jan 13, 2009 6:28 pm

I did the "executable" thing and it works great. Thanks for the suggestions.

Now I can turn my attention back to my Blu-ray disk burning problem (skips the first 40 slides and runs fast).
Don Nealious

Postby Frankie » Wed Jan 14, 2009 4:24 am

The skip could be that Producer is having a hard time with the length or complexity of your show, but it could also be the brand of DVD you are using. Some DVDs are not very good. Here is a link to a guide of DVD brands and quality based on where they are manufactured. I couldn't swear to the validity of it, but it seems to be pretty good. This may not apply to Blu-Ray though. I haven't gone that route yet :cry:

http://www.digitalfaq.com/media/dvdmedia.htm

Return to PSP - Tutorials