Tutorial: Modifiers Vol. 2

Please post your tutorials here for ProShow Producer only. Provide a lnk if you have a file that can be downloaded by others. This is not a discussion section, but rather a source for sharing tutorials.
Esteemed Member

Re: Tutorial: Modifiers Vol. 2

Postby Cliff.Thomas » Wed Jan 07, 2009 1:12 pm

Tom,

The minute and hour hands are stationary, part of the original photo.

Since I had thought this would be a short effect in a show, I only conserned myself with the pendulum and second hand.

Barbara,

I attempted to sync the background changes with the pendulum swing, but never could get it to match exactly.

The were both done with sine wave modifers, and I would think you should be able to match them exactly. I notice, that I had inadvertantly included a 0.5 sine wave phase shift on the Hue modification. That could account for it I suppose.

I had just done this as an experiment and didn't really put a lot of time in it.

I'll just file it away for future shows if needed.

Cliff
Canon 60D, Photoshop CS5, ProShow Producer 7

Postby BarbaraC » Wed Jan 07, 2009 1:37 pm

Cliff, I hope you realized that my remark about the syncing of the background wasn't meant as a criticism. I can't blame you for not fiddling with it. It's just that I had such trouble with syncing the last time I did an upload that I'm looking for an answer to the problem so I can stop it from happening again.

Barbara

Esteemed Member

Postby Cliff.Thomas » Wed Jan 07, 2009 6:16 pm

BarbaraC wrote:Cliff, I hope you realized that my remark about the syncing of the background wasn't meant as a criticism. I can't blame you for not fiddling with it. It's just that I had such trouble with syncing the last time I did an upload that I'm looking for an answer to the problem so I can stop it from happening again.

Barbara

Oh, that's quite alright, I didn't take it as such. I had originally intended to sync them, but either I didn't get it quite right or it may have been modified in the upload process.

And, yeh, where having WAY too much fun with this stuff.

I can afford to spend a lot of time fiddling with it because I don't have a deadline to make or a project to complete. It's not a business I have to do, I'm just a retiree with a lot of time on my hands.

Before I retired about a half a year ago, I provided software support and training for some civil enginnering software - Microstation, a CAD software and InRoads a roadway design software.

Now, with my interest in photography and creating slide shows it's just FUN, FUN, FUN.

Regards.

Cliff

Tom Perry

Postby Tom Perry » Thu Jan 08, 2009 5:11 am

Another possibility illustrating Rick's use of the sine wave modifier on the rotation effect and incorporating Cliff's pendulum ideas and an off-center rotation point.

I could see using this in any sort of video where you need to illustrate the concept of "Lazy Day".

http://www.photodex.com/sharing/viewsho ... alb=144028

Postby BarbaraC » Thu Jan 08, 2009 6:21 am

Tom, that was fabulous! This is what we all need: ideas for applying modifiers.

Barbara

Tom Perry

Postby Tom Perry » Thu Jan 08, 2009 7:16 am

Thank you for the compliment, Barb! Unfortunately, I have to cease "having fun" until tomorrow. But in the meantime if you or anyone for that matter are looking for an idea this was to be my next stunt :-)

Get a little motion in this picture right here

http://www.photodex.com/sharing/viewfil ... alb=144028

and you've got something really neat for either a child's video or a Christmas video or both.

You'll need Photoshop or another graphics editor (I use paint.Net) to do a little preparatory work on it beforehand.

Feel free to "screen capture" this image from my Photodex site and get a little rotation/pendulum going in it.

Most importantly, HAVE FUN!

I think that the more we use/create these "practice" modifiers the more it will help us open up our minds to the unlimited possibilities.

Esteemed Member

Postby Cliff.Thomas » Thu Jan 08, 2009 8:58 am

Tom Perry wrote:Another possibility illustrating Rick's use of the sine wave modifier on the rotation effect and incorporating Cliff's pendulum ideas and an off-center rotation point.

I could see using this in any sort of video where you need to illustrate the concept of "Lazy Day".

http://www.photodex.com/sharing/viewsho ... alb=144028

Tom,

Pretty slick. With that, "we don't need no stinking videos". :wink: :wink:

Got to file that away in the deep resources of my brain for future use.

Looks like you're having a lot of fun as well. :D :D

Cliff

Previous

Return to PSP - Tutorials