Tutorial: Modifiers - Show Disection

Please post your tutorials here for ProShow Producer only. Provide a lnk if you have a file that can be downloaded by others. This is not a discussion section, but rather a source for sharing tutorials.

Tutorial: Modifiers - Show Disection

Postby rkligman » Tue Dec 23, 2008 11:49 pm

You asked for it, here it is. I told you it would be long. 27 minutes! You said I could ramble and I tried not to. The show is actually 31 minutes long but Camtasia just gave me fits and gave up at 27. You only missed 1 slide so it's not the end of the world. After 27 minutes of watching, you'll get the point. So just in time for Christmas, check it out. And don't blame me when you sneak away from the festivities to go try all this stuff out!

Click here to view the video on my website: Mycityphotoguide.com
Rick Insane Diego...

ProShow Hall of Fame

Re: Tutorial: Modifiers - Show Disection

Postby briancbb » Wed Dec 24, 2008 3:17 am

Thanks Rick.
That really made modifiers click.

(I'm a poet (well sort of) and didn't know it.)
Briancbb (Brian, Clown by birth)
Thanks Al for the signature
Producer v6.0 Build 3410

ProShow Hall of Fame

Postby seektheburd » Wed Dec 24, 2008 5:35 am

Bless you Rick! An excellent guide to using Modifiers.

Hugs,
Stephanie
Photodex Gallery: http://www.photodex.com/share/stephanieseek

HP Pavilion p6580t Desktop;Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit; i5-750 Quad-Core; 1.5GB NVIDIA GeForce GT 230.
Photodex Producer 5
Adobe Photoshop CS6
Pinnacle Studio 14 Ultimate Collection

Postby BarbaraC » Wed Dec 24, 2008 5:52 am

Rick, when I saw how long the tutorial runs, I wondered if I could sit through it. Well, I sat through the whole thing without a single twitch. Now I understand what has you so excited about modifiers. I'm way behind you on all this, but by the looks of things, the power in modifiers is strong enough that you may have only scratched the surface here.

Shame on Photodex for not writing multiple pages about modifiers. First of all, why on earth are they assuming that users will know anything at all about wave types? I know a bit in the area of sound, but not very much. I doubt I'm alone in this. They could have at least taken a single aspect that can be modified, then shown each type of wave and the effects resulting from adjustments.

As always, you do a great tutorial. I love the fact that you're just sitting there and talking to us, not using a set script. The small flubs actually make the tutorial much more dynamic and keep the viewer completely alert. Don't you dare ever get the notion to follow a script.

Thank you so much for producing this tutorial!

Barbara

Postby cherub » Wed Dec 24, 2008 6:07 am

Hi Rick,
This was an excellent tutorial, like all your other tutorials.
I agree totally with Barbara. Your style of not using a set script makes everything much more authentic and easier to follow. Many thanks to you.

Of course now I have even more questions than ever before, because you added a bit to my understanding.

It doesn't look plausible not to be able to select an interval of keys and apply the modifiers only to them.
The fact that you had to duplicate the layer to make it look like one.... well it was an elegant solution that you found, but for the program... it's was not so elegant.

It bothers me too that we know nothing of the values that we can insert in the modifiers, and that we cannot actually see anything until we apply something and let the program play it.

Thank you for your tutorial Rick!

Esteemed Member

Postby Cliff.Thomas » Wed Dec 24, 2008 10:20 am

Rick,

Thanks so much for sharing the information. Using the charts to show the differant types of curves also cleared up a lot questions I had.

Cliff
Canon 60D, Photoshop CS5, ProShow Producer 7

Postby nannybear » Wed Dec 24, 2008 12:16 pm

Have to shovel the boat off but can't wait to watch! Thanks Rick hugs Jan
http://www.janstephens.com or http://www.oilswithjananddonna.com/
Graphic Design, Essential Oils, Click and Grow gardening, Cooking and Merge Dragons - PSP latest - Adobe Creative Cloud Suite
You can find me on Facebook, come visit!!

Postby debngar » Wed Dec 24, 2008 1:20 pm

That was really informative Rick. I'll have to play with that after Christmas. Seeing you go through and explain things, it was a lot clearer once we could see the method behind the madness so to speak! LOL I can see how this will save a lot of time as you say.

Thanks so much for taking the time to present this to us. :D
Debbie
Photography http://deborah-green.com

Postby mrkitzel » Wed Dec 24, 2008 1:54 pm

Hi Rick,

As usual a very clear and helpful tutorial. Many thanks for posting this.

Best wishes for the season.

Steve.

Postby bonalymac » Thu Jan 01, 2009 8:00 am

Rick

Thanks for doing this. Sat through the lot. Didn't seem like 27 mins.This gives me a lot more confidence to play with Modifiers. Thanks again.

Colin
Colin

Postby nannybear » Thu Jan 01, 2009 8:36 am

Fabulous and I ditto the above. Went by so fast I was amazed. I was ready to take notes but by the end hadn't moved my pen at all. I am off to experiment! Thanks for all the amazing tuts you do. I am going to forward this one to Photodex!! Cheers Jan
Graphic Design, Essential Oils, Click and Grow gardening, Cooking and Merge Dragons - PSP latest - Adobe Creative Cloud Suite

Postby nannybear » Thu Jan 01, 2009 1:32 pm

Ok I understand the Adjustment effects but still can't get the layer tracking. Rick, the Layer one tracking style didn't have any modifiers attached, I am still lost. Been playing around all morning and can't figure it out. arghghghghgh

Cheers Jan

Postby rkligman » Sun Jan 04, 2009 7:38 am

nannybear wrote:Ok I understand the Adjustment effects but still can't get the layer tracking. Rick, the Layer one tracking style didn't have any modifiers attached, I am still lost. Been playing around all morning and can't figure it out. arghghghghgh

Cheers Jan

I don't think there is any layer tracking in this show. Are you referring to the original thread where Mona was having a relationship between one layer and another through modifiers? Tell me which Slide and Layer(s) you're looking at so the light bulb will come on for me.
Rick Insane Diego...

Return to PSP - Tutorials