Menu backgrounds

Please post your tutorials here for ProShow Gold only. Provide a link if you have a file that can be downloaded by others. This is not a discussion section, but rather a source for sharing tutorials.
Esteemed Member

Menu backgrounds

Postby Shaker » Sat Feb 23, 2008 12:20 am

If you want something plainer than the choice of menu background patterns available:

1) Choose a menu background pattern.

2) Select a menu background colour.

3) Reduce the opacity of the background layer to 0. Then only the background colour will show.

4) If you want a little texture in the plain background, increase opacity as required.
Shaker

Postby BarbaraC » Sat Feb 23, 2008 4:51 am

I'll be darned--that was easy! All along, I've been creating a blank, colored file to use for plain backgrounds. Some of the best tricks are the ones so simple that I fly right by them.

Barbara

ProShow Hall of Fame

Re: Menu backgrounds

Postby DickK » Sat Feb 23, 2008 6:56 am

Shaker wrote:If you want something plainer than the choice of menu background patterns available:

1) Choose a menu background pattern.
2) Select a menu background colour.
3) Reduce the opacity of the background layer to 0. Then only the background colour will show.
4) If you want a little texture in the plain background, increase opacity as required.

I suspect you're using PSP. Good idea except PSG doesn't support setting the opacity -- unless there's a setting you've found that I missed.
Dick
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." Aristotle ((PSG, PSE & Fuji HS20 user)) Presentation Impact Blog

Postby Barbara_K » Sat Feb 23, 2008 8:26 am

Shaker,

Very clever! I usually use my own menu backgrounds but this adds even more options. Thanks for sharing this.

Barbara

Dick: It does work in PSG using Custom menu options. The Opacity setting is under 'Edit' in Custom Menus.

ProShow Hall of Fame

Postby Brenda » Sat Feb 23, 2008 10:46 am

Shaker,

Thank you from me too.

Brenda

ProShow Hall of Fame

Postby DickK » Sat Feb 23, 2008 12:12 pm

Barbara_K wrote:Dick: It does work in PSG using Custom menu options. The Opacity setting is under 'Edit' in Custom Menus.

Well, well, they say it's a good day if ya learn something, so I guess I had a good day despite this *&*^ cold. Seriously, I'd never seen that option at all tho' I've used the custom menu a couple times--so I've looked right at it and never noticed it. I think this screen might be the one exception where PSG will control the opacity and playing with it shows that you can control it for both the background image and the foreground menu pick button as well. I'll be returning the PHD diploma ;)

Dick
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." Aristotle ((PSG, PSE & Fuji HS20 user)) Presentation Impact Blog

Esteemed Member

Postby LEE7 » Sat Feb 23, 2008 1:00 pm

I will be pleased to accept You diploma, its the only way I`ll get one lol

Peter

Postby Barbara_K » Sat Feb 23, 2008 2:17 pm

I think this screen might be the one exception where PSG will control the opacity and playing with it shows that you can control it for both the background image and the foreground menu pick button as well. I'll be returning the PHD diploma

You're right on this one. You get to keep the PHD! It is odd that PSG has this option available only for menus.

Another neat tip when using custom menus is the ability to change the color of any background or thumbnail by using the 'Colorize' option under Editing. I rarely use the PSG backgrounds for my menus but when I do it's nice to be able to personalize them a little.

Barbara

Return to PSG - Tutorials