Keyframing in Gold

Please post your tutorials here for ProShow Gold only. Provide a link if you have a file that can be downloaded by others. This is not a discussion section, but rather a source for sharing tutorials.
magnusg

Keyframing in Gold

Postby magnusg » Wed Aug 22, 2007 10:25 am

Well, not really.

But you can create similar effects in Gold as in Producer, by using multiple slides.
Just an example of a moving magnifying glass.

10 sec

http://www.photodex.com/sharing/viewsho ... 4866&alb=0

Magnus
Last edited by magnusg on Wed Aug 22, 2007 2:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bill McMahon

Keyframing In Gold

Postby Bill McMahon » Wed Aug 22, 2007 12:45 pm

In 25 words or less (or more, it seems to be a complex subject), can someone please define exactly what "Key Framing" is? I'm just learning the featues of Gold and have much to learn, but I read so much here of the ability to KeyFrame only in Producer, it just intrigues me.....
Bill

magnusg

Postby magnusg » Wed Aug 22, 2007 1:34 pm

Hi Bill,

Sorry for confusing you.

Basically, KF is the ability to make an object move from one place to another on a SINGLE slide. In order to get the object to move and then stop, and then continue, you have to tell the program where the changes should occur, just like you do when you decide when a picture or slide starts. We have to let it know when things should happen, so we make some 'marks' so that it knows the next movement. At the same time, you perhaps want to have other movements on the same slide....change of pictures etc..
All this on one slide.

In Gold, you can't do all this on one slide, but can imitate the Keyframing in Producer.
In Gold, the movement of an object starts at the beginning of the slide and ends at the end of the slide. You can't start a certain movement halfway through a slide. You can, like I mentioned, imitate Producer's KF..........(somewhat)

The best way for you to find out is to watch Jennifer Weeks tutorial on Keyframing. Here the link. By the way, she has several other tutorials.

http://www.photodex.com/sharing/viewsho ... alb=124704

Magnus

ProShow Hall of Fame

Postby DickK » Wed Aug 22, 2007 6:56 pm

<applause> Excellent example, good question Bill and superb answer Magnus.

People sometimes focus on what Gold "can't" do. I'm firmly convinced that Gold is more limited by the user's imagination than it is by the software. It's like when I hear someone say their camera can't take that picture--typically the camera will do what they want but they don't know how. Yes, there are things that PSP can do that Gold doesn't have--if that wasn't the case, nobody would buy PSP. But in my view, the majority of feature differences in PSP have Gold equivalents but they're not as automated, i.e., the software won't do quite as much for you. Simpler also means easier to learn and use, and that's a good thing about Gold.

For me, the fact that keyframes aren't available in Gold isn't a big deal exactly because of what Magnus says--there's more flexibility and capability than I need even with that missing. One of the few functions I do wish was in Gold was opacity control for both image layers and captions. It's harder to imitate and clumsy to work around. On the other hand, it (so far) isn't enough to make me upgrade.

My $.02 anyway.

Dick
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." Aristotle ((PSG, PSE & Fuji HS20 user)) Presentation Impact Blog

claysand

Postby claysand » Thu Aug 23, 2007 5:20 am

Bill McMahon

Postby Bill McMahon » Thu Aug 23, 2007 11:11 am

claysand, DickK and magnusg,

thank you all....actually the concept is simpler than I thought ...so it gives you the ability to create animation effects......well I'm not ready to try that just yet, still trying to learn Photoshop Elements......
Bill

Re: Keyframing in Gold

Postby cherub » Fri Aug 24, 2007 12:22 pm

magnusg wrote:Well, not really.
But you can create similar effects in Gold as in Producer, by using multiple slides.
Just an example of a moving magnifying glass.
10 sec
http://www.photodex.com/sharing/viewsho ... 4866&alb=0
Magnus

Without going into the actual discussion on keyframes in PSG, I have a question:
Why do a magnifying effect, if you are not going to increase the size of the image beneath the magnifying glass?
Can you do that in PSG ?

magnusg

Shalom

Postby magnusg » Fri Aug 24, 2007 9:06 pm

Hi Cherub,

Thanks for watching the example that I made. I'm glad you enjoyed it. It's great to see how we all can benefit and learn from each other in producing shows for pleasure or work.

Then point of the example, as Dick mentioned, is to show that there are many possibilities in both Gold and Producer.

Again,
Thanks for watching.
Magnus

Postby cherub » Fri Aug 24, 2007 11:21 pm

Peace to you too magnusg,
Yes there are many things that one can make in Proshow (both versions)
I was merely pointing out that this effect can be done differently. Somebody from the Yahoo group has done it.
I am sorry but I don't remember his name, and I hope he doesn't mind that I give the link here. It has been posted in this forum before already.
http://www.photodex.com/sharing/viewsho ... 0634&alb=0
The way he did it, emphasizes the power of a magnifying glass on a picture of a group of people.

Postby gpsmikey » Sat Aug 25, 2007 7:32 am

Who else would it be ... Dave Fitzpatrick !! (fitz9016) -- when
you are viewing a show start (where the link takes you), just
under the "Sharing" in the upper left corner of the page, is the
member name. For some reason, it took me a while to look
there :D

Dave is the same guy that just came up with the "visisketch"
program that he posted for free for people to use.

mikey
You can't have too many gadgets or too much disk space !!
mikey (PSP6, Photoshop CS6, Vegas Pro 14, Acid 7, BluffTitler, Nikon D300s, D810)
Lots of PIC and Arduino microprocessor stuff too !!

magnusg

Postby magnusg » Sat Aug 25, 2007 4:07 pm

Hi again,

Yes, the point was just to give an example of the movement, so I just put something together. I haven't used the effect in a show...but yes, it would be cool if the picture underneath would enlarge as you move the glass. As it normally would.

Thanks for giving the link, Cherub. Can't check the link now due to ADM settings at work, but will when I get home.
(would love to see a show from Israel)

Visisketch is a great and fun idea. By the way, Mikey, you have one of those 'Wacom's. What kind of software did you get with it?

Have a nice day, or night, wherever you are.
Magnus

Postby gpsmikey » Sat Aug 25, 2007 6:18 pm

When I bought my Wacom tablet, it came with Photoshop Elements (which
I didn't install since I already had Photoshop CS2 - purchased a month
before - sigh - I usually get the order wrong :cry: ). It also came with the
drivers that I did install as well as a bunch of other links to stuff that I did
not install. Seems to me there were some other utilities on the disk, but
I am getting tired of various little "clutzy utilities" that I don't need so I
did not install them. One of the things I need to do is spend some time
playing with that tablet (have not got to it much yet). Too many other
projects, like kids swim team, rebuild wifes car engine, kids soccer team,
"yes dear" ... :D

mikey
You can't have too many gadgets or too much disk space !!
mikey (PSP6, Photoshop CS6, Vegas Pro 14, Acid 7, BluffTitler, Nikon D300s, D810)
Lots of PIC and Arduino microprocessor stuff too !!

BethS

Huh

Postby BethS » Sat Aug 25, 2007 8:08 pm

What's visisketch and how in the world did Dave do the magnifying glass thing? I have the "keyframing" in Gold pretty well inder contrl. Now I am wondering if Dave's magnifying glass sample was made in Producer.

Beth

Valued Member

Re: Huh

Postby Hemo2 » Sun Aug 26, 2007 5:03 pm

BethS wrote:What's visisketch and how in the world did Dave do the magnifying glass thing? I have the "keyframing" in Gold pretty well inder contrl. Now I am wondering if Dave's magnifying glass sample was made in Producer.

Beth

VisiSketch is a "great" little program that lets you 'sketch' lines over the top of an existing photo. You can then save that sketch as an animation to be used in your show. You can find it here:

http://www.proshowenthusiasts.com/viewtopic.php?t=4527

Here's an example:

http://www.photodex.com/sharing/viewshow.html?fl=2866356&alb=0

I'd love to know where Magnus got the magnifying glass image and if it's a free image. If not, I might search for another one I could potentially use. I've got my brothers wedding coming up that I am supposed to take photos at and I hope to use visisketch as part of the show and could maybe find a use for the magnifying glass.

Keith

BethS

visisketch

Postby BethS » Sun Aug 26, 2007 5:33 pm

I downloaded this program but I don't think I can use it in Gold. Oh well.

Next

Return to PSG - Tutorials