Keyframing in Gold

Please post your tutorials here for ProShow Gold only. Provide a link if you have a file that can be downloaded by others. This is not a discussion section, but rather a source for sharing tutorials.
Valued Member

Re: visisketch

Postby Hemo2 » Sun Aug 26, 2007 5:45 pm

BethS wrote:I downloaded this program but I don't think I can use it in Gold. Oh well.

Beth, I made my Lamborghini example show in Gold. Basically I "resized" my Lamborghini logo to 640x480 in size. VisiSketch mentions if you wish to use the sketch movie in a show and have it "transition" to the actual image, then the image you're sketching needs to be 640x480. I'm sure this is because when you export the sketch to a movie file, it saves the movie at that same size.

I loaded my 640x480 photo of the Lamborghini logo into VisiSketch and 'sketeched' the lines and exported it to an .AVI movie file. (The sketching took a few mintues to get used to doing it properly, but it's more tedious than difficult.) The resulting exported .avi file is "very" large, so I opened it in Microsoft Movie Maker and resaved it as a .WMV file that was significantly smaller in size. I then used that .wmv file in my show.

When exporting the .avi from VisiSketch, it also created a "_FastFrame.bmp" image. This is a .bmp file that is the entire sketched out image. I used that in my show as a frame "in between" the .wmv frame in my show and the actual color photos. So basically my frames inside of Gold for my show are like this:

Frame 1 - .wmv movie of the sketch
Frame 2 - .bmp of the "lastframe" image to use as a 2 second transition between the movie and the photo showing up
Frame 3 - the 640x480 color photo of the image I sketeched

Keith

magnusg

Postby magnusg » Tue Sep 11, 2007 12:55 pm

Hi Keith,
I just got it off the internet

http://www.biology.lsu.edu/grads/biogra ... _glass.jpg

Magnus

Valued Member

Postby Hemo2 » Wed Sep 12, 2007 4:32 pm

Thank you Magnus. I managed to edit the .jpg file and save it as a .png with transparency with giving it a bit of 'glass' effect and it still have it look like a reasonable represenation of a magnifying glass!

Keith

RayB

tablet

Postby RayB » Wed Oct 10, 2007 3:01 am

Everybody should have. It takes time to get used to it. look forward to binning your mouse.

chuber

Postby chuber » Mon Oct 15, 2007 12:18 am

If there was an answer to "How do you do the magnifying glass effect" in this thread, I must have missed it. I already have the jpg of the mag. glass and I would like to achieve the effect whereby the image under the glass is magnified as the glass is moved across the screen.

Does anyone know how to do this?

Thanks,
Chris

RayB

Magnifying Glass

Postby RayB » Mon Oct 15, 2007 8:34 am

I have tried for days to get the magnifier to magnify in Gold without success.
I can do it in Producer using the orignal as a background, the same photo at 200%, The maginifier set as a mask seeing through only 1 layer and a second layer of the magnifier on top of the mask. It is a shame that I have only three days left of my Producer trial and will have to make an International call if I wish to take advantage of the offer for long term Gold users.

magnusg

Postby magnusg » Mon Oct 15, 2007 1:39 pm

Hi Ray and myself,

Doing it in Producer is pretty simple. As I mentioned you can imitate actions done in Producer with Gold....somewhat.
Moving a magnifying glass over an image "with background enlargement" like in David's example is not possible in Gold....except with alot of work
using Photoshop and using may, many, many slides.

Not worth the effort.

Putting a dollar a day in my piggy bank, and then after 149 days upgrading to Producer works best.
Two dollars a day.........75 days
Three dollars a day.......1 month and 20 days
Four dollars a day........1 month 8 days
Five dollars a day.........1 month

In other words.....skip the BigMacs for one month and..........a proud owner of Producer.
Personally I don't eat BigMacs. Chocolate is my load.

Blessings!
Magnus

Esteemed Member

Postby flyrobynfly » Thu Nov 15, 2007 5:33 pm

magnusg wrote:Hi Ray and myself,

Doing it in Producer is pretty simple.
Blessings!
Magnus

Ok, how simple since I"m trying it and it seems hard to me!:oops: Is there a step by step Magnifying Glass tutorial with PSP?

Edited to add: I found the link on the how to thanks!
To live a creative life, we must lose our fear of being wrong. ~ Joseph Chilton Pearce

Photoshop CS2, PSG & PSP, Kodak C653

MikeV99

Postby MikeV99 » Sun Jan 06, 2008 7:09 pm

flyrobynfly wrote:
magnusg wrote:Hi Ray and myself,

Doing it in Producer is pretty simple.
Blessings!
Magnus

Ok, how simple since I"m trying it and it seems hard to me!:oops: Is there a step by step Magnifying Glass tutorial with PSP?

Edited to add: I found the link on the how to thanks!

I know I am going to feel like a dummy ... Would you be so kind as to give me that link?

Also, is there anyway to download a show from Photodex and open it to see the exact structure? I see some neat things, but have no idea how they would look as an opened project?

Thanks

Mike

ProShow Hall of Fame

Postby DickK » Sun Jan 06, 2008 7:20 pm

Mike -- not a dumb question at all. Comes up all the time and it's one most of us have wondered about. Wish there was but unfortunately, I don't think there's a practical way to do it directly. You'd have to have all the show content and the PSH file to be able to open it and see what the person did.

Some folks have created screen shots of the ProShow screens to create a tutorial of what's going on. It works but its quite a bit of work to do it. That's why we struggle to come up with a way to describe in words what the show is doing--and often its a lot harder to describe than it is to do.

Dick
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." Aristotle ((PSG, PSE & Fuji HS20 user)) Presentation Impact Blog

MikeV99

Postby MikeV99 » Sun Jan 06, 2008 8:14 pm

Dick,

Thanks. I guess I was thinking it was something like Picasa where one uploads albums that can be downloaded. I see now it is a .px file that cannot be loaded back into PSG/P.

BTW, I still have not been able to locate the step by step Magnifying Glass tutorial. Is it "Learn to use masks in ProShow Producer?"

Thanks.

Mike

Postby cherub » Sun Jan 06, 2008 9:08 pm

MikeV99 wrote:Dick,
Thanks. I guess I was thinking it was something like Picasa where one uploads albums that can be downloaded. I see now it is a .px file that cannot be loaded back into PSG/P.
BTW, I still have not been able to locate the step by step Magnifying Glass tutorial. Is it "Learn to use masks in ProShow Producer?"
Thanks.
Mike

Mike, the tutorial was written by one of the members of this forum: David Fitzpatrick and not by Photodex.
It works only in Proshow Producer.
Here you will find more details about this effect, but if you are just a beginner, I do not advise you to start with it.
http://www.proshowenthusiasts.com/viewt ... lass#34825

MikeV99

Postby MikeV99 » Mon Jan 07, 2008 4:05 am

Thanks cherub.

What got me started on this was the PSG magnifying glass example posted by Magnus. However, after comparing the PSG and the PSP results, it makes PSP look even more useful. Indeed I am a beginner with all of this software. I am still at the trial stage but am about ready to take the plunge.

Mike.

jkarney

Re: Keyframing in Gold

Postby jkarney » Tue May 27, 2008 9:15 am

In a sense an individual slide in Gold is one keyframe that is shared by all layers in the slide. The ability to precisly control individal layers and have several layers in one slide is very powerful. It cuts down on the number of slides, as well as opening up neat tricks like fades within a slide.

There are ways to create similar effects in Gold. The most conmon is to fake the same effect by adding more slides and Photoshoping the changes. It works, but adds time, size, and complexity to the show.

Re: Keyframing in Gold

Postby HunnyB » Tue May 27, 2008 10:09 am

Wow, this thread has almost 5,000 views....guess people are VERY interested in keyframing. :D :D

HunnyB
HunnyB
PSP4, Canon EOS Rebel T1i, Canon EF70-300mm lens, Dell Studio XPS 9100 desktop w/ blu-ray burner & Windows 7; hpMedia center pc370n desktop; Gateway Laptop; Epson 4990 scanner; hpC5280 Printer; Adobe CS5; QuarkXpress 8

PreviousNext

Return to PSG - Tutorials