My Puzzle Technique

Please post your tutorials here for ProShow Gold only. Provide a link if you have a file that can be downloaded by others. This is not a discussion section, but rather a source for sharing tutorials.
Geoffw_uk

Postby Geoffw_uk » Thu Feb 15, 2007 8:52 am

My first post!

Yes it works for me but I only used 6 pieces for my first effort, how anyone could have the patience to do a 100 piece puzzle I do not know!! :D

Geoff

ProShow Hall of Fame

Postby briancbb » Thu Feb 15, 2007 11:42 am

Welcome Geoff

Stick around on here! I am sure like me you will learn a great deal on this friendly forum. I got about 3/4 way through a multipiece puzzle, if I remeber right about 76 pieces but the PC just crawled after about fifty pieces. I've now upgraded to a Core2Duo, maybe I should try again :evil:

Brian

Postby mrkitzel » Sat Mar 10, 2007 9:19 pm

Mike,

A hearty thank you for your puzzle tutorial. I had to give my head a shake or two to get the cobwebs out but then everything fell into place and my simple 6 pc puzzle worked fine. A great big thanks. This will improve my PSPro presentations immensely.

Mr Kitzel.

Eagle

My Puzzle Technique

Postby Eagle » Wed May 23, 2007 3:27 am

Hi thanks for the info you have put onto the forum

I am new to this I have saved all the files but when I start to put it together I go wrong :(

I.e. I put the 1st piece in move it ok :D

but when i put a blank slide in and set the backgroung to a puzzle slide it is not transparent it is black :?:

Please help

Thanks

Eagle

Postby Eagle » Sun May 27, 2007 4:21 am

Thank you. Worked great.

:D

Valued Member

Re: My Puzzle Technique

Postby Herriot2 » Tue Mar 04, 2008 4:40 pm

mgregg99 wrote:I've received several e-mails asking for instructions on how to create the puzzle show I created for the holidays. The show can be seen here.

Tried to find the show but the page can't be found!

Peter
"The only problem with quotes on the Internet is that you never know if they are genuine or not" Abraham Lincoln
----
Click for Scotland - My Place On The Planet

Postby gpsmikey » Tue Mar 04, 2008 5:42 pm

Try sending Mike Gregg a PM - that link points to the old version of this forum and
is no longer valid. I don't know what he did with the example he had there.

mikey
You can't have too many gadgets or too much disk space !!
mikey (PSP6, Photoshop CS6, Vegas Pro 14, Acid 7, BluffTitler, Nikon D300s, D810)
Lots of PIC and Arduino microprocessor stuff too !!

Postby Deb » Sun Aug 03, 2008 9:25 pm

Hi, I am new to Photoshop and Proshow but with your FANTASTIC instructions I managed to get this!!! It took a couple of hours and some fiddling but it looks impressive and my husband thinks I am a whiz!! :D The only thing that I cannot fix is when my puzzle pieces appear in the frame, they pause for a second and then only start to move into place - is there anyway to get rid of that pause?

THANKS!!

Deb

PS I downloaded the trial version of Photoshop CS3 extended and it has an option where you can delete the canvas/background - it appears under the layers tab - just click on the eye next to the canvas icon.

Postby BarbaraC » Mon Aug 04, 2008 1:04 pm

Look in File > Automate in Photoshop. I can't remember the name of the script that does this (not on my main computer right now so can't look), but there's an obviously named one there that will save each layer as a separate file. This eliminates all the manual labor of saving the puzzle pieces individually.

Barbara
The Frame Locker - styles, transitions, frames, backgrounds, & more.
Subscribe to Frame Locker News for alerts to new products.
How-to's: ProShowThink

Postby mark healey » Sat Dec 04, 2010 5:11 pm

Hiya all
I know it's been a while since this topic was news but if it helps anyone i did a video to show my daughter this technique. Well actually i did two first showing how to create the jigsaw and then one showing how to use it as layers in ProShow.
She saw a show i created of a model i use and liked the intro.

Anyway hope this helps anyone joining the group as i just have. This forum has been a real find. :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H-xmQKJHrAo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SiqvmiQ3rls

Thanks for the tricks and tips

Yours

mark Healey

More Puzzle Approaches

Postby texan » Sun Dec 05, 2010 5:41 am

Just an FYI

Choice Backgrounds has a couple of different puzzle "styles" for both PSP and PSG........

The Montage effect is particularly "unique" and impressive.....

Go Here:

http://choicebackgroundsserver.com/prod ... cts_id=289

Cheers
Texan

Postby im42n8 » Mon Feb 28, 2011 12:59 pm

I also have some puzzle styles for 4, 6, 9, 16, and 20 pieces and 2 styles for portrait images (A bundlet: Puzzles I)

Various puzzle approaches have been done in the past (v3.2 and earlier) but with the inclusion of styles, puzzles have become much easier to implement and/or work with. With all associated support layers, slides with 50 or more layers has become common. It used to be that this many layers would make the program work at a crawl. More powerful computers and improvements to the program itself have addressed that issue. Puzzles can be made with pieces that resemble traditionally what you'd expect a puzzle piece to look like to sliding squares or rectangles that form a kind of puzzle effect, or a visual effect that accomplishes the same thing.

Dale
What's New: Tools for ProShow: v11.42a Access ProShow capabilities Photodex doesn't provide (For PSG & PSP).
FPVP Blog "Making the Difficult Easier," FPVP News

Postby swalloj » Mon Feb 28, 2011 3:22 pm

The positive aspect of having numerous vendors associated with this forum is that
One of them generally has what we’re wishing for. On the topic of puzzles I found
that http://outsidethebox.name/styles3.html, is another source along with
choicebackgrounds and Fenimore’s which have already been mentioned. Each
of these vendors adds their personal interpretation to the concept of a puzzle style,
giving us an array of choices, thank you vendors.

Previous

Return to PSG - Tutorials