family 4 photo - how to zoom in/out faces

Please post your tutorials here for ProShow Gold only. Provide a link if you have a file that can be downloaded by others. This is not a discussion section, but rather a source for sharing tutorials.
Valued Member

family 4 photo - how to zoom in/out faces

Postby lindonalta » Tue Mar 30, 2010 1:58 pm

I have a family photo of 4 people (portrait). Is it possible to take each persons face and then add 2 faces to the left and 2 faces to the right of the family picture and stay in the same slide? Then hoping I could add their names to the faces. If so, could someone try and explain how or point me to a "how to" somewhere else?
Linda

Re: family 4 photo - how to zoom in/out faces

Postby Ron » Tue Mar 30, 2010 2:43 pm

Hi Linda
I'm sorry but I'm not clear on what you want to do exactly! You start with a photo of 4 in portrait mode.
Then you want to add 2 heads left and 2 heads right of the group of 4 (heads only?) and then name all? Is that right? Are you looking to do all this in Producer or do you own an image editor?
"Family over Friends" "Night over Day" "Nikon over Canon" "Gravy over Everything"

Valued Member

Postby lindonalta » Tue Mar 30, 2010 3:03 pm

yes that was right except want the head shots to the right/left of the group photo- want to do in PS Gold. Think I have managed to get somewhat what I want by putting 5 layers of the family photo on one slide, then cropping each individual face x 4 , and adding name caption below the head shot.

ProShow Hall of Fame

Postby DickK » Tue Mar 30, 2010 7:54 pm

Not sure what you the sequence to be but it sounds like you've gotten to the point that you have the final result you want--a group shot in the middle and two head-shots on each side.

If what you want is to start with the center shot and then add each head shot individually then yes, that's easily done. With what you've got as the final version (all 5 images in the slide with the captions) make four copies of it--total of 5 slides. On the first one turn off (or delete) everything except the center shot. Next one turn off (or delete) all but one of them (and caption), then all but two, then three, and lastly you've got the one all four head shots and the portrait. Now you've got a progression that adds each head shot with a start slide. Set the transitions to something suitable and use the timings of the slides to set how fast the head shots are added. You'll have to play with the above/below transition box on each layer so the ones already added aren't effected by the next transition but otherwise that's it. The last one should be set to hold for awhile to let the viewer see the whole thing.

If that's not what you want, just ask again and we'll see what we can do.

Dick
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." Aristotle ((PSG, PSE & Fuji HS20 user)) Presentation Impact Blog

Valued Member

Postby lindonalta » Wed Mar 31, 2010 6:38 am

Thank you so much Dick. That is exactly what I wanted. Now.. to remember how to do this for next time!!
Thanks again.
Linda

Return to PSG - Tutorials