Starter Styles for Gold Tutorial

Please post your tutorials here for ProShow Gold only. Provide a link if you have a file that can be downloaded by others. This is not a discussion section, but rather a source for sharing tutorials.

Starter Styles for Gold Tutorial

Postby VidQueen » Tue Jan 27, 2009 10:59 am

HI Everyone!
This is actually my very first tutorial for ProShow Gold. Until Slide Styles came along I was at a loss for how to share (sell) animations. I've posted this tutorial on the Photodex site as well as in 2 parts on You Tube. Yes, it's a tutorial for something that I'm selling, but I think there is a lot that can be learned, without purchasing the Slide Styles, just by watching the tutorial. Here's part 1: (best watched in full screen)
(just realized the beginning audio is messed up...sorry about that!)

Re: Starter Styles for Gold Tutorial

Postby VidQueen » Tue Jan 27, 2009 12:59 pm

Here's part 2:

Valued Member

Postby Roo57 » Tue Jan 27, 2009 6:24 pm

Cool! I signed up at your site so I can buy those style when things get more financially stable.

I have figured out how to make and save a custom style that already contains images. I've opened .pxs files in a plain text editor to study the code but have not yet tried to edit anything to find out what does what.

I like your jumpbacks too. I cannot figure out how to make those myself!

Any plans for something like lower thirds for Gold?

Postby VidQueen » Tue Jan 27, 2009 7:28 pm

Hi Roo!

I make all of my video backgrounds with Adobe After Effects (beefed up with a bunch of plug-ins). As far as lower thirds for Gold goes, Photodex would have to either make ProShow recognize Alpha Channels in video files or add Masking to Gold. The former is much more likely than the later, but not any time soon, I'm afriad:(

Thanks for visiting my site! Don't forget to download the free backgrounds every month (the link is on the left hand side once you are inside the site). Photodex just added the looping feature to Gold, which makes the backgrounds even more usable than ever to Gold users!

Jennifer

ProShow Hall of Fame

Postby DickK » Sat Feb 28, 2009 4:00 pm

Jennifer -- nice job on the tutorial. Very useful for anyone new to version 4 no matter what slide styles are being used.
Dick
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." Aristotle ((PSG, PSE & Fuji HS20 user)) Presentation Impact Blog

Postby bjquilts63 » Wed Oct 27, 2010 4:30 am

Great tutorial. As a new owner of Gold, I learned a few tips to make things easier. The best tip I learned was to put the photos in the order I want them before clicking apply. Too hard to change them after. I will check out your site, too.
Barbara

Return to PSG - Tutorials