BluffTitler 7.5 (latest version)

Discuss which third party applications you use to help create your slide shows using ProShow Producer. This is not a forum to promote other slide show software programs.
Valued Member

BluffTitler 7.5 (latest version)

Postby sihyp » Mon Dec 01, 2008 9:50 am

Version 7.5

Released: Monday, December 1st, 2008
Price: € 39.95, free upgrade for registered users!

* Bitmap fonts!!! Bitmap fonts can be loaded by pressing the new Select Bitmap Font button in the <F6> font dialog. Bitmap fonts can be created with Alphabix
* Video layer can play animated GIF files
* New tweening effect: Overhauser Spline
* Encrypt property in the text layer
* Layers dropdown listbox is better organized
* Move all property sliders at the same time by holding down the <Control> key
* Control mouse sensitivity by holding down the <Control> and <Shift> keys
* The <F2> information dialog displays more information
* bugfix: transparent pixels in text layer no longer emit particles
* bugfix: attached plasma layer + phong shader problem fixed
* removed feature: SWF
http://www.outerspace-software.com/download.html

Quim

Re: BluffTitler 7.5 (latest version)

Postby newtcruiser » Mon Dec 01, 2008 1:07 pm

Thanks Quim just upgraded my version.

Linda :lol:

Postby nannybear » Mon Dec 01, 2008 1:13 pm

Linda your new pic looks fabulous!!!!!
http://www.janstephens.com or http://www.oilswithjananddonna.com/
Graphic Design, Essential Oils, Click and Grow gardening, Cooking and Merge Dragons - PSP latest - Adobe Creative Cloud Suite
You can find me on Facebook, come visit!!

Postby newtcruiser » Mon Dec 01, 2008 1:16 pm

Thanks Jan, you know what they say, "a change is as good as a rest".

Linda :lol:

Valued Member

Postby pja » Wed Dec 03, 2008 12:18 pm

Hi... In reading some of the information on this application, in conjunction with Producer, have you run into any hindering problems with the transparent AVI's? This application looks terrific but I am looking for something that I can use within Producer with the transparent Video....?

thanks
Smile... why not! You are online and no one can see!

Honorary ProShow PHD

Postby dilyla » Wed Dec 03, 2008 1:40 pm

PJA-

The video transparency is not supported by Photodex/Producer, so no matter WHAT application you use the video's transparency will not import into Producer. It's a limitation due to Proshow, not the 3rd party application (ie in this case, Blufftitler.)

That said, Blufftitler IS a wonderful program & well worth the cost.

- Diana
Dilyla's Designs
Aspire to inspire before you expire.

Postby heckydog » Wed Dec 03, 2008 3:39 pm

pja wrote:Hi... In reading some of the information on this application, in conjunction with Producer, have you run into any hindering problems with the transparent AVI's? This application looks terrific but I am looking for something that I can use within Producer with the transparent Video....?

thanks

I've had several people ask me about this and my advice is always the same. Whatever you were planning on doing in PSP with that transparent avi, do it in BluffTitler. iow, just add the background to BT that you were going to use in PSP. No one will know but you . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . and me :lol:

Postby rkligman » Mon Dec 22, 2008 2:55 pm

heckydog wrote:
pja wrote:Hi... In reading some of the information on this application, in conjunction with Producer, have you run into any hindering problems with the transparent AVI's? This application looks terrific but I am looking for something that I can use within Producer with the transparent Video....?

thanks

I've had several people ask me about this and my advice is always the same. Whatever you were planning on doing in PSP with that transparent avi, do it in BluffTitler. iow, just add the background to BT that you were going to use in PSP. No one will know but you . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . and me :lol:

Well sort of. If you have low res or low movement video behind your titles then you can embed it in BT. Now that I go 1920 x 1080, BT can't render the background MOV and have it keep every frame.

TO answer the original poster, like everyone said, it's a Producer limitation and one of my top 5 requests. You need to generate the actual video with transparent background from a video editor. My latest show did exactly that. See it in Sample Shows, Dia de los Muertos.
Rick Insane Diego...

Postby gpsmikey » Mon Dec 22, 2008 9:18 pm

Thanks for letting us know of the new version Rick ! I've updated my copy to the new version. Now I need more time to play with it ( Bluff Titler .. :oops: )

mikey
You can't have too many gadgets or too much disk space !!
mikey (PSP6, Photoshop CS6, Vegas Pro 14, Acid 7, BluffTitler, Nikon D300s, D810)
Lots of PIC and Arduino microprocessor stuff too !!

Esteemed Member

Postby ladyt » Tue Dec 23, 2008 4:43 am

I'm a newbie to PSP and peruse this forum to glean every thing I can. I keep seeing "Bluff Titler" pop up in posts. Is it a great piece of software? Do you have examples I can see? How would I use it?

As do most of you, I have limited funds to continue to spend on software apps and I want to make sure I'm spending my money wisely.

Great forum, great folks!

Gladys

Postby gpsmikey » Tue Dec 23, 2008 7:17 am

Bluff Titler is used to create short intro or background video clips you can use in your shows. If you go to their webpage, ( http://www.outerspace-software.com/blufftitler.html ) you can find more information on it as well as some examples of things you can do with it. Most of the examples are available not just as an example, but the source as well, so you can easily modify it for your own use. The one I liked was the spinning earth with text wrapping around it .. ( http://www.outerspace-software.com/imag ... planet.wmv ). It is one of those utilities that very handy for stuff, but is a bit "odd" - look at their mascot (Bix) and you will understand my comment. Check out the examples. Is it worth it ? It depends -- if it does what you really want in your show, then it is worth it - if you don't see the need for those features, then it's not worth it - just another tool in your toolkit for show creation.

mikey
You can't have too many gadgets or too much disk space !!
mikey (PSP6, Photoshop CS6, Vegas Pro 14, Acid 7, BluffTitler, Nikon D300s, D810)
Lots of PIC and Arduino microprocessor stuff too !!

Return to PSP - Third Party Applications