Paint Shop Pro X2 Resize Question

Discuss which third party applications you use to help create your slide shows using ProShow Producer. This is not a forum to promote other slide show software programs.

Paint Shop Pro X2 Resize Question

Postby kayeb » Fri Nov 14, 2008 4:29 pm

I'm trying to make an image of leaves that I can use to make an avi of falling leaves. What I want to do is cut each individual leaf and put them on a transparency background that I can export as a PNG file. I've only done one leaf so far. Here's what I've done:

1. I've selected the image and hit copy
2. Pasted as New Image.

My problem is it comes over to big. I want to make it smaller so I can add more leaves to the canvas. How do I do this? In other applications, I know you can grab the handles to enlarge or make smaller but I'm not getting that with Paint Shop Pro.

Thanks for your help.

Kaye
Paint Shop Pro X7, Canon 70D, Panasonic DMCTZ5

Re: Paint Shop Pro X2 Resize Question

Postby heckydog » Fri Nov 14, 2008 4:53 pm

I don't use Paint Shop Pro but I do have a program that will do this:

Autumn Leaves 3.4MB 10 seconds

I kind of went heavy on the leaves and they fall kind of fast but that's all adjustable. This might be easier than cutting out indivual leaves.

If you're interested in using a shortcut like this, let me know and I can customize whatever you need.
Speed, # of leaves, colors, size, I can make them bounce off your head if you want, hehehe.

This is not BluffTitler by the way :wink:

Joe

PS If you need to use your editor, maybe creating duplicate layers would work better than a new picture. In photoshop there's a script for turning layers into individual pictures so making lots of copies of layers is not a problem.

Honorary ProShow PHD

Postby Studio7Productions » Fri Nov 14, 2008 5:26 pm

If you are using Painshop Pro you will find lots of leaves in the built in tubes selection . Just make a new trans image and use the tube tool, then save as a .png.....
PSP v 5: Adobe CS5 Extended:Sony Soundforge Pro 10: Canon 50D: Canon EOS 1000D: Nikon D40:

" Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm. "
Sir Winston Churchill

Postby cherub » Fri Nov 14, 2008 6:46 pm

Kaye,

In other applications, I know you can grab the handles to enlarge or make smaller but I'm not getting that with Paint Shop Pro.

Yes you can do the same in PaintShop Pro.
Maybe you don't see the handles because the leaf is much too big for your canvas. Drag it across until you do see the handles. Then you can resize.

Alternatively you can open a NEW image with a much larger canvas and in that you can paste your other cut leaf as a new layer.

Honorary ProShow PHD

Postby Rosemary » Fri Nov 14, 2008 8:00 pm

Kaye,

Have you tried the tools at the left side of the work area? The "grab handles" are now called "Pick" and you will find it in the drop down menu shared with the Move tool. - second from the top. It used to be called "Rasher deform tool"

Hope this helps. Corel PSPX2 has a newsgroup rather like this one and I shall try and dig out the web address for you.

Rosemary

Postby kayeb » Sat Nov 15, 2008 4:01 am

Thanks everyone..what good suggestions.

Joe - that is exactly what I'm looking for. How can I get it? What kind of software did you use?

Mel - thank you for the tube tool info. I've had Paint Shop for awhile but I've never delved into it other than to crop, straighten or Smart Photo Fix. There is so much to learn.

Mona - I'll try making canvas larger. It did come up smaller than what I thought it should have been.

Rosemary - I would love to know more about the PSPX2 newsgroup. Please send me web address when you find it.

Thanks again everyone for your help.

Kaye

Postby heckydog » Sat Nov 15, 2008 4:52 am

kb433 wrote:Thanks everyone..what good suggestions.

Joe - that is exactly what I'm looking for. How can I get it? What kind of software did you use?

. . . . . .

Kaye

The program is Particle Illusion, available at http://www.wondertouch.com/

The light version is $99. The top of the line version that can do layers, blockers, forces, etc is $399.

A bit pricey to say the least but I've done some pretty cool things with it. I disintegrated a kid on a trampoline one time, :lol: That's worth $400 right there :wink: And I blew up a college professor for a young lady on this forum a while back. That was about a $1.50 worth of fun. :roll:

BluffTitler should be able to do something like this too and a lot cheaper, about $60. More work than PI but less work than Paint Shop Pro I'm sure.

The other suggestions are worth looking in to, but my offer is still open if you'd like me to do something for you.

Joe

Postby kayeb » Sat Nov 15, 2008 5:05 am

Thanks Joe. I'll check into that website. I've been looking at Highlighter Pro. I just want something simple. I would like to learn how to do those effects because I think it is neat. Thanks for your offer. How much do you charge to do something like that? I liked the falling leaves in your link but I think I would like them a little bit slower. My family is getting together for Thanksgiving and I was wanting to do a slideshow and I thought it would be neat to have falling leaves as an intro. My brother was just diagnosed a couple of months ago with leukemia and I was wanting to do something special.

Kaye

Postby heckydog » Sat Nov 15, 2008 6:08 am

Kaye,

Sorry to hear about your brother. I will pray for a swift and decisive victory over this horrible affliction.

I don't charge anyone for anything I offer to do on this forum. If you want references, I have references, :lol: hehehehe. except for the girl with the exploding professor, I don't know how to find her now. :?

Slower and Bigger Leaves

I attempted in this second one to slow it down, make fewer leaves and make them larger. It really needs a background image too. It's not very "fallish" on a black background.

Like I said I can do just about anything you need. You want purple and pink leaves (hope not), I can do that too.

Joe

Postby kayeb » Sat Nov 15, 2008 6:18 am

Thanks Joe and thanks for your prayers for my brother. The slower and bigger leaves looks good. What do I need to do now?

Kaye

Postby heckydog » Sat Nov 15, 2008 6:33 am

Joey on the spot here!

This is going to be an intro so I would need to know how long you want it to be. I just picked 10 seconds for the demo but it can be more if needed. if you have a background picture you wanted to use, you should send it to me via the email button under my name. It's easier than trying to do an avi with transparency.

I can output as a wmv or an avi or other formats if needed. Even as numbered frames but I don't think you'd want that. AVI's would be pretty large. The program outputs a very nice wmv file that should work fine in PSP.

I would assume you want to do your own title in PSP but I can do that too.

Specify any other things you'd want to add or change. You can email me that info if you like.

And then we'll tweak it from there. It only takes a minute or two to make the changes needed to make what you need.

Joe.

Return to PSP - Third Party Applications