PC / Mac Question

Discuss which third party applications you use to help create your slide shows using ProShow Producer. This is not a forum to promote other slide show software programs.
usmcmarines

Re: PC / Mac Question

Postby usmcmarines » Wed Nov 05, 2008 7:13 am

I just wanted to let everyone know that I received my new IMAC last night and all I can say is "WOW". I only had about about 3 hours last night to play around on it but I am already very impressed. Everything just seems to flow smoothly and has a very "user friendly" interface. I spent most of my time last night transferring my pictures, music and installing some of the software I purchased. I will let you know more as I get some more time tonight.

The next thing is to install the Final Cut Studio software. I have become so used to using Proshow Producer (which I still intend to use because I love the product) it's going to be a huge learning curve. I'm sure Apple's software will have some neat features just like Producer does. Once I create a show I will post it for you to see.

Regards,

Matthew

Postby Cyclops » Wed Nov 05, 2008 3:47 pm

That's great! It is a very user friendly computer. I have found that the Windows side of my Mac runs better as well. I still stare at the computer for a few seconds longer after the screen has come up as its such a surprise to see everything there so quickly! :D Now I'm thinking that I'll spend the extra and get a Mac laptop - maybe for Xmas (wish...wish) You have a powerhouse system there and obviously from the sounds of it you will using the full extent of it. Good for you. It's nice to see a system being put to good use. Don't forget to come up for air!
Carolyn

Postby Lovebites » Thu Nov 06, 2008 2:06 pm

I, too, have recently purchased an iMac - and absolutely love it! I do not want to install Windows on my Mac, so any slideshows will still have to be done on the old PC. Question - have you found any Mac software for slideshows that you find comparable to Proshow? I have been scouring the internet, and looked at plenty, but nothing seems to allow for as much creativity as Proshow. Final Cut Pro's price is prohibitive for me - just wondering if anyone out there has any suggestions. I really wish Adobe would come out with some slideshow software that would make use of all the bells and whistles of Photoshop, or that Photodex would make ProShow Gold/Pro compatible with the Mac OS. Thanks for listening to my prattle.
Carrie

usmcmarines

Postby usmcmarines » Thu Nov 06, 2008 2:09 pm

Carrie,
I actually purchased Final Cut Studio 2 an am actually installing it right now. Yes it is an expensive piece of software but I think I'm really gonna love using it. I'll let you know as i learn more about the software.
Regards,
Matthew

usmcmarines

Postby usmcmarines » Wed Nov 26, 2008 6:26 am

I just wanted to give an update on my experience with my new IMAC. I have been learning a lot using the "lynda.com" training site. From an operating system standpoint Apple seems to be much more user friendly. I still have not had a chance to dive into the Final Cut Studio program yet but expect to sometime after the holidays.
I have been searching for a slideshow program that would be comparable to Proshow Producer and it simply doesn't exist! I have sent in a request to ask Photodex to please consider offering this on an Apple platform.

I know I could install windows on the MAC but I really do not want to do that. I will make sure I let you know once I post my first show created with the Apple software. In the meantime I plan on continuing keeping my Producer software up to date and keep using my PC while I'm learnign the ropes on the new ssytem.

I hope everyone has a great Thanksgiving!
Regards,
Matthew

Previous

Return to PSP - Third Party Applications