Photoshops CS3 problems

Discuss which third party applications you use to help create your slide shows using ProShow Producer. This is not a forum to promote other slide show software programs.
dnmilikan

Photoshops CS3 problems

Postby dnmilikan » Wed Oct 15, 2008 4:08 pm

I thought that I would mention this to those of you that may have problems that crop up on software for no apparent reason. That is what I experienced with CS 3... after having the program installed for over a year, the program got buggy. I could not save JPegs...or PSD files. Tiffs would save but then the program would crash when I used the rectangular selection tool and the crop tool.

I uninstalled the program and reinstalled (three times) and still had the same problem. No new software applications had been added and I could not come up with a reason for the sudden goofiness.

This same thing affected my Quick Time Pro. The program suddenly would not open. Once again I uninstalled and reinstalled...about six times to no avail...it just would not reinstall.

By way of information, I am running Vista Ultimate (64 bit) on a dual Intel quad core (2.33 Ghz) machine having 12 gigs of ram, a high end Nividia video card. Four drives with 2.5 TB of storage...so I knew that hardware was not the problem.

Finally someone on another forum suggested that he had discovered a work around for the problem. He created a new user account that he named Photoshop and only runs Photoshop from that user account. I tried this and now the Quick Time Pro installed and the Photoshop problems seem to have been resolved...I don't know why, but it works...

I mention this since it may be a work around for those of you that have problems with the new Pro Show Producer.

Return to PSP - Third Party Applications