File Storage - Drop Box

Discuss which third party applications you use to help create your slide shows using ProShow Producer. This is not a forum to promote other slide show software programs.
Esteemed Member

File Storage - Drop Box

Postby mikemullett » Thu Oct 02, 2008 1:25 am

A useful utility I've discovered to rival Google Docs is Drop Box. My son likens it to a "USB Key in the Sky".

Here's the link: http://www.getdropbox.com/
For interchange and storing of Files and Pictures it's worth a look. 2Gig of storage offered at no cost

Mike
There's no such thing as problems, only challenges
Nikon D5300 DSLR, PSP, Photoshop CS6, Premiere Elements 8, Adobe After Effects. Have just built a Win 7 Core I5 machine, 8G ram, 1TB hard disk

Re: File Storage - Drop Box

Postby BarbaraC » Thu Oct 02, 2008 4:58 am

Mike, have you actually worked with it yet? I just spent time looking through the entire description, noting in particular the automatic tracking of changes. This sounds as if the software is always up and running, which makes me wonder if it slows down processes as we work on a file. Any insight on whether or not this happens and if there's a way of turning off the software until it's wanted?

Barbara
The Frame Locker - styles, transitions, frames, backgrounds, & more.
Subscribe to Frame Locker News for alerts to new products.
How-to's: ProShowThink

Esteemed Member

Postby mikemullett » Thu Oct 02, 2008 7:09 am

Barbara
Still playing - have uploaded a Word file (Debbies Candle Flame creation) and the amendments I made to it were updated fairly rapidly, so I guess it does run in the background.
There is a Forum.
Still plodding around the interface. Would send you an invite, but I don't know your email address, which the programme requires

Iris aka Trulytango if you read this I have used you again (in the nicest possible way) and you well have received an invite to load Dropbox. Don't worry about messing with the files if you can see them.

Mike
There's no such thing as problems, only challenges
Nikon D5300 DSLR, PSP, Photoshop CS6, Premiere Elements 8, Adobe After Effects. Have just built a Win 7 Core I5 machine, 8G ram, 1TB hard disk

Postby BarbaraC » Thu Oct 02, 2008 8:33 am

Mike, I'll wait for your final opinion (also Iris's if she plays), and if both of you like the results, I'll play too. I don't want to download anything unless I think it'll serve a specific purpose I happen to have.

Barbara
The Frame Locker - styles, transitions, frames, backgrounds, & more.
Subscribe to Frame Locker News for alerts to new products.
How-to's: ProShowThink

Return to PSP - Third Party Applications