Free plug in for photo editing

Discuss which third party applications you use to help create your slide shows using ProShow Producer. This is not a forum to promote other slide show software programs.

Free plug in for photo editing

Postby ChrissyC » Sun Sep 28, 2008 8:38 pm

I listen to Kim Komando on the radio Saturdays, she has a newsletter, she always has cool free downloads, this is one I just got today..I've already downloaded it and installed it...it goes in plug in folder then inside filters folder..it's just one little file you need...it works pretty good from what I can see, which I have NO clue how to use it.. :D maybe somebody can use it :)
http://www.komando.com/downloads/category.aspx?id=2945
Chrissy

Re: Free plug in for photo editing

Postby cherub » Sun Sep 28, 2008 9:00 pm

It's a very good plug-in for some very nice effects.
To see what it can do, this is the homepage:

http://www.optikvervelabs.com/

Postby ChrissyC » Sun Sep 28, 2008 9:07 pm

Hi Mona, I will study this website in the morning, I am so happy to pass this along :D
I am going to sleep now..nite nite...
Chrissy

Postby BarbaraC » Mon Sep 29, 2008 4:55 am

Chrissy, I've had this plugin for a couple of years, and it's an excellent one. Just play like mad with it and you'll quickly get the hang of what it does and how you can use it. It's a definite keeper.

Barbara
The Frame Locker - styles, transitions, frames, backgrounds, & more.
Subscribe to Frame Locker News for alerts to new products.
How-to's: ProShowThink

Postby debngar » Mon Sep 29, 2008 5:46 am

Chrissy,

Once you make your exposure adjustments to brighten up the dark areas in you image so that it looks kind of normal to you, (like the faces, as was discussed in the rehersal show you shared), the plug-in can enhance it in different ways. I've had this one on my computer for a long time but I've only used it a little bit now and then. Only recently did I use it for all images in one slide show in particular. It takes time to utilize it one picture at a time but can give some nice results.

I used it on a group of images in "There You Are Again". The day I took those images, I didn't want to use my flash. I had problems with back lighting and such. So after adjusting the levels to selective areas of the photos I chose a couple of effects to apply to nearly all the images that appeared in the show for continuity purposes and to give them a dreamy like feel. All the editing was done with a very old version of Elements. If you have a newer version, things should be even more simple as Adobe continues to improve their product for the user to make things better! You don't have to utilize the filters at 100% but can turn down the opacity of the filter layer.

I wish I knew all there was to know about digital editing! I think learning all the potential ways to edit a photo is a never ending process and I really wonder if that's possible for anyone! LOL

You may find like some of us that it can be addictive and very time consuming, sort of like making slide shows! :D
Debbie
Photography http://deborah-green.com

Postby nannybear » Mon Sep 29, 2008 5:51 am

Nice Score chrissy thanks so much for sharing....cheers Jan
http://www.janstephens.com or http://www.oilswithjananddonna.com/
Graphic Design, Essential Oils, Click and Grow gardening, Cooking and Merge Dragons - PSP latest - Adobe Creative Cloud Suite
You can find me on Facebook, come visit!!

Postby ChrissyC » Mon Sep 29, 2008 4:16 pm

Hi everyone..glad I was able to offer something to the group! It's good to know this is a good plug in, Debbie, thank you for typing all that up! your instructions along with Al's will give me a lot to do...NOW all I see are the flaws in photos...I can see how it would quickly take over your time! Kim Komando has a really cool radio show all about computers, she is always talking about digital photography, her newsletter has cool free download of the week and it's usually stuff I don't know about but this plug in looked good.
Barbara using it for years is good enough for me!
Glad I could offer something
Chrissy

Postby debngar » Mon Sep 29, 2008 5:13 pm

Kim Komando has a really cool radio show all about computers,

Chrissy,

I try to catch her show every once in a while too.
Debbie
Photography http://deborah-green.com

Postby BarbaraC » Tue Sep 30, 2008 2:44 pm

KK is on at the wrong time of day for me, and I haven't listened to her in several years. I ought to visit her web site. Thanks for the reminder, Chrissy.

Barbara
The Frame Locker - styles, transitions, frames, backgrounds, & more.
Subscribe to Frame Locker News for alerts to new products.
How-to's: ProShowThink

Postby saramcd » Tue Sep 30, 2008 8:04 pm

Cool find, Chrissy! I'm already playing with it :D

I'm with you, Debbie -- I don't see how I have enough time left in my life to learn and play with all the possibilities available! I have PaintShop Pro XI along with SuperBlade Pro and some other plugins -- that's enough playing in itself. And then with PhotoShop Elements 6 and the plugin possibilities...it's just mind boggling. In fact, it's sometimes creates a sort of "creative crippling" effect on me, because I feel like I have to try every possibility before I can decide on a final product.

Thanks, Chrissy for passing along the site.

I've never listened to Kim Komando. Is it a podcast? I do listen to Leo Laporte faithfully, but he may be a bit more geeky.

Sara

Postby ChrissyC » Tue Sep 30, 2008 8:11 pm

Hi Sara...yay your using the plug in!! thats great. I'm not sure if she's on podcast, I don't know how to use podcast..here is her website..poke and around and see.....I really really enjoy her show, I listen to Leo to she is more normal than Leo...if you know what I mean, he's a real geek, she is to just not as much :D
http://www.komando.com/
have fun with the plug in
Chrissy

Return to PSP - Third Party Applications