Members Using Highlighter Pro or VisiSketch

Discuss which third party applications you use to help create your slide shows using ProShow Producer. This is not a forum to promote other slide show software programs.
VicGuy

Members Using Highlighter Pro or VisiSketch

Postby VicGuy » Sat Sep 13, 2008 8:50 pm

For some reason when trying these two programs...I can't build the avi. file. I have talked to Dave ( program developer ) and have tried all his suggestions with no luck. My OS is Vista Home Premium, 2gig of ram, 400 gig hard drive.
I have viewed other member contacts & they love these programs. Just wondering if anyone else had problems or can suggest what I might try. All aspects of the programs work fine...except when I click build the avi. file...it automatically brings up the screen for saving the file which I do...but when I go to the file it is either not there or is simply a BMP file... Is my operating system missing something. All suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Thank You

Guy in Victoria BC

Re: Members Using Highlighter Pro or VisiSketch

Postby cherub » Sat Sep 13, 2008 9:27 pm

Hi Guy from Victoria,
Can you make an avi from any other program?
Can you make an avi from Proshow for instance?
Have you ever installed any codecs on your computer?

VicGuy

Postby VicGuy » Sat Sep 13, 2008 10:24 pm

Hello Mona,
I just tried creating an avi. file with Proshow and it worked fine...Just viewed it on Windows Media Player. The only codecs I used is the K-Lite Codec Pack. I just re-installed Highlighter Pro & tried again..but it will not create an avi. file. When I build the BMP's and then click build avi. file... within a second the save to screen comes up. I was told I should see something indicating it is building the avi. file...similar but not the same as in ProShow where it show the Rendering window ( or building avi. window ).

Thanks

Guy

Site Admin

Postby MG - Admin » Sat Sep 13, 2008 11:08 pm

Gary:

Not sure what is happening, but after you build the BMP files and then click on the Build AVI button you should be prompted to save the file somewhere on your hard drive. Once you select your location, name your file and click "Save" you should see a notation in red under the Build AVI button that states "Writing the AVI file to Disk". Depending on how big the file is going to be this message can be displayed for a quick period of time or longer. It should then be replaced with the message "AVI Build Complete".

Are you sure you're saving the files where you think you are? If so, are you getting the red messages I've quoted above? If everything I wrote above is happening I can't imagine why the files aren't there.

Mike

VicGuy

Postby VicGuy » Sun Sep 14, 2008 6:56 am

Thanks for the reply Mike. I tried creating a bigger demonstration file this morning ( 25 seconds ). When I saved it, I finally saw the building avi file box pop up and then I saved the file. When I look for the file in my documents it wasn't there. I did a complete search and found it But it won't open saying " Guystar.avi specified in the target box is not valid. Make sure the name & file path are correct. ????
I have never had problems saving any files from any of my other software.

Thanks for the help Mike

Guy

kitsews

Postby kitsews » Fri Nov 28, 2008 8:22 am

Could someone explain to me what exactly is highlighter pro and how do you use it. I am new at all of this .
Thanks
Kitty

Postby nannybear » Fri Nov 28, 2008 9:04 am

http://www.visisketchpro.com

This will tell you all about it.....cheers Jan
http://www.janstephens.com or http://www.oilswithjananddonna.com/
Graphic Design, Essential Oils, Click and Grow gardening, Cooking and Merge Dragons - PSP latest - Adobe Creative Cloud Suite
You can find me on Facebook, come visit!!

Postby gpsmikey » Fri Nov 28, 2008 5:14 pm

couple of things -- you say you "finally found it" - where was it? does the path you found it on make sense as to how it got there (that part sounds like operator error of some sort). As far as the file not being a valid file - try copying it from where ever you found it to your desktop. See if it acts differently there. Also, you might want to give the free "gspot" utility a try and see what it thinks the video format of the output file is (and which codec was used to build it). A word of warning -- when looking for the "gspot" utility, there are "other" meanings of that and you will find some very strange sites :shock:
Try here -- http://www.headbands.com/gspot/
Something many people don't realize - an "avi" file is really just a "container" - it can actually have a number of different formats inside it, so it is important to know just what it really is. The fact that it is indeed building the avi file is a good sign - now to figure out why it put it somewhere other than where you expected it and why it is an unknown format apparently on your system.

mikey
You can't have too many gadgets or too much disk space !!
mikey (PSP6, Photoshop CS6, Vegas Pro 14, Acid 7, BluffTitler, Nikon D300s, D810)
Lots of PIC and Arduino microprocessor stuff too !!

Postby SWoolford » Fri Jan 28, 2011 10:50 am

I have experienced the same issue with Highlighter Pro not producing the AVI file. I've tried sending my output to various folders with the same result. I've searched for my files and they ,either cannot be found or they show up as MyComputer in a folder called 'Recent', which is empty. This is very disappointing. Dave has tried to help but without any success. In the end, my work around is to simply create my own AVI by copying the BMP's from the HighlighterPro folder into Producer. I adjust the times to .03 sec with no transition. Its a shame but it seems to work. I contacted Vicman, the member who had this problem earlier, to see how he resolved the problem. He simply said he's given up on Highlighter completely. Sorry to hear this. I hope this helps someone who comes across the problem. It's not ideal but it works.

Return to PSP - Third Party Applications