vedio capture help

Discuss which third party applications you use to help create your slide shows using ProShow Producer. This is not a forum to promote other slide show software programs.

vedio capture help

Postby dimi_arachi » Wed Sep 03, 2008 10:14 pm

This may not be the correct place but I know that some of you guys are on full speed on video capturing and Adobe premier.

Just started on premier and trying to capture some of my old video tapes. As a learning curve and my kit is,

Capture card made by WORLD
Svedio output from my laptop. (I just played a DVD on the media player)
Capture software coming with the card

I had no luck with premier. (premier could not see the capture card )
Capture card software captured the out put BUT it was just a black movie no pics at all.

Can any one give some ideas?
Hi I am New

ProShow Hall of Fame

Re: vedio capture help

Postby VernonRobinson » Thu Sep 04, 2008 6:36 am

I am not familiar with the World card. However, I do use Premiere Elements to capture without issue. In order to capture the analog from your VHS tapes, you need a DV-Bridge. I assume that is what the World Card is. Premiere Elements works best with a Firewire connection to the bridge. If it is possible, I would recommend that you consider getting an inexpensive Pyro bridge from ADS. This works pretty well out of the box. If you have more money available, then I would recommend going to one of the Canopus models.

If you could provide more information on this World Capture card, it might prove to be useful. Also, I would recommend that you try a capture utility called WinDV. I use it to capture exclusively. It is light weight and does one thing extremely well. Good luck.

-Vernon

Postby dimi_arachi » Thu Sep 04, 2008 3:04 pm

This World card is
Input: s Video / composite and out put to USB and sound card.

I tried to capture via premier and it says on the premier capture screen ‘capture off line”
Hi I am New

ProShow Hall of Fame

Postby VernonRobinson » Thu Sep 04, 2008 4:05 pm

dimi_arachi wrote:This World card is
Input: s Video / composite and out put to USB and sound card.

I tried to capture via premier and it says on the premier capture screen ‘capture off line”

I believe the problem is the USB. Premiere Elements captures via a Firewire port. Try the Pyro unit I mentioned previously and your problems will be solved.

Postby dimi_arachi » Thu Sep 04, 2008 7:57 pm

Thanks all….I am one step up

Plugged in the point n shoot digital camera straight to the USB and can see the as a still photo on my capture window. (This was the capture soft wear by the capture card)

But, when I played the little movie on the point n shoot digital camera record begins and does all the file savings. No pictures just a green screen.

I have no idea……..
Hi I am New

Postby dimi_arachi » Sat Sep 06, 2008 6:51 pm

Thanks guys I am capturing now !!!!!!

What size shoud you capture for DVD quality ?
I am capturing VHS tape which i recorded about 10-15 years ago and what will be the best size to do.

thanks................
Hi I am New

ProShow Hall of Fame

Postby VernonRobinson » Sun Sep 07, 2008 9:59 am

dimi_arachi wrote:Thanks guys I am capturing now !!!!!!

What size shoud you capture for DVD quality ?
I am capturing VHS tape which i recorded about 10-15 years ago and what will be the best size to do.

thanks................

Most capture software will have a preset for DV capture. I am assuming that you are capturing in DV-AVI. However, if you must use a custom setting, DVD for NTSC is 720x480 pixels @ 29.99 frames per second. If you are using PAL 768 X 576 at 25 FPS. Be prepared for the captured video to be quite soft/blurry in comparison to a commercial DVD. The resolution of VHS was quite a bit lower.

-Vernon

Return to PSP - Third Party Applications