Digital Juice

Discuss which third party applications you use to help create your slide shows using ProShow Producer. This is not a forum to promote other slide show software programs.
Valued Member

Digital Juice

Postby slideshowsandmore » Tue May 27, 2008 3:38 pm

I have a question about Motion Design Elements #26, Fireworks. I'm trying this out for the first time and figure I must be doing something wrong. I tried rendering them in the Juicer but the results are the same....they're very fuzzy. It looks like just globs of color, spreading.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Rosemary

Re: Digital Juice

Postby im42n8 » Tue May 27, 2008 7:49 pm

What res are you rendering to? The results look fuzzy where?

Dale

Valued Member

Postby slideshowsandmore » Tue May 27, 2008 8:16 pm

How do I set, or where do I read, the resolution?

Everything looks fuzzy. Rather then crisp firework I'm getting big globs of color that expand.

Thanks for your reply/

Rosemary

Postby newtcruiser » Wed May 28, 2008 9:06 am

Hi Rosemay, have a look at the following link. I think your problem is that you have to render the alpha channel separately.

Nannybear created the following info on Digital Juice products. Hope this helps.

viewtopic.php?f=21&t=3838

Linda
Last edited by newtcruiser on Thu May 29, 2008 12:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Postby im42n8 » Thu May 29, 2008 7:07 am

Well, to get the transparent background you will need to render the alpha channel separately. The alpha channel will be layer 1 and layer 2 will be the fireworks. layer 1 will be set to mask (grayscale or alpha should both work the same here).

The fuzziness isn't caused by the alpha channel not being rendered separate. When you render your video from within Juicer, you have to select a resolution (canvas size) and a format (which is NTSC or PAL) under the Canvas menu. You'll want NTSC if you're in the USA and PAL if you're overseas (usually). You'll also want to select a normal or widescreen format for your resolution and there are a number of selections. You can select from a preset or you select your pixel aspect ratio (there are only 5 selections: 2 for ntsc, 2 for PAL, and square).

You'll also want to tell it to scale the selected item to the canvas or to stretch it (see the Layer section). Just consider how you're going to use the video to make your decision.

Finally, in the Output section you'll want to select how you want to output it and where. You must select "Render alpha separately" if you want to have a transparent background in PSP.

Within PSP, then, you'd just import the video such that the alpha channel layer is above the "video" layer and make the alpha channel layer the mask of the "video" layer. Then, select (for each layer) how you want the imported items sized (fit to screen, fit to safe zone ...). Zoom should be 100% unless you want to do any resizing. AND you must select the same zoom level for both movie layers or it won't look right (unless that's what you want!).

It sounds like you've done most of this if not all. But, that doesn't explain the fuzziness unless you're rendering to a custom resolution that's really small (to keep the file size down?). Then, when it gets to PSP, it's "expanded" to the screen and is fuzzy (or kinda like pixelated). Other than that ... beats me!

Good luck!

Dale

Valued Member

Postby slideshowsandmore » Thu May 29, 2008 6:22 pm

Thanks Linda...Thanks Dale...

Reading directions...hmmm...it's usually my last resort!! I'm going to try again over the weekend. I'll let you know how I make out.

Thanks again fort taking the time to help.

Rosemary

Return to PSP - Third Party Applications