Photo Impact Pro 11

Discuss which third party applications you use to help create your slide shows using ProShow Producer. This is not a forum to promote other slide show software programs.
Valued Member

Photo Impact Pro 11

Postby photoshowstudio » Thu Mar 27, 2008 9:16 am

While I have been using Proshow Producer for about a year now, I haven't had a very powerful Photo editing program. I was using Photo Elements 2 (which is so old you can't even find it anymore on the internet). So, I used it primarily for quick fixes only. I saw an ad for a product called Photo Impact Pro 11, which was on sale from $100 to $70, plus had a few rebates for $40 and $30,so essentially it was free. :D

I have Vista, which i have seen a few complaints about in relation to this software, but I figure it's from people who bought it before the Vista patch was available or from people who don't understand how a patch works. :shock:

I was wondering if anyone here knows anything about this software package and had anything nice :) or bad :x to say about it. Any input would be nice.

Have a Nice Day, :)

Steve

ProShow Hall of Fame

Postby hardsoftware » Thu Mar 27, 2008 11:29 am

I don't know anything about PhotoimpactPro11 but like you I've used Elements 2 for a long time. I still use it the most when I am on my Win XP computer. I am so used to the interface. I used Elements 2 to colorize old B/W photos in a couple of my slide shows that most everyone here have seen at one time or another.

On my Vista computer I have Elements 5 but am so used to the interface on Elements 2 that it takes me more time to get things accomplished. Guess I'll get used to it one day, but realistically I would like to get the latest version of Photoshop. Fat chance of that happening anytime soon. :(
Ben
PSG, & Producer 3,4 and 5. Photo Editing: PS Elements 2.0 & 5.0, Premier Elements 3.0,

PHOTODEX GALLERY: http://www.photodex.com/share/hardsoftware
UnEmployed, and getting pretty good at it!
Facebook look for Ben R. Baca.

Postby tdew » Thu Mar 27, 2008 11:31 am

Hi,
I've been happily using Photo Impact in one version or another for many years now and am still finding more things that I can do with it.
There are a bunch of tutorials and helpful posts available too.
Terry

Postby sheldonk » Thu Mar 27, 2008 11:40 am

I used to use this program too. I liked it alot. Moved on to Photoshop later on.

For the price, how could you go wrong? I know this program has a few unique features that are appealing. Nothing wrong with having a few photo editors in your toolbox. In my case, I wouldn't want to throw Photoshop out the window, but I would defintely pick it up for that price just for those couple of features (whichI can't remember, but I know I've read about).

Go for it!

Sheldon

Return to PSP - Third Party Applications