CS3 and TaxCut

Discuss which third party applications you use to help create your slide shows using ProShow Producer. This is not a forum to promote other slide show software programs.

CS3 and TaxCut

Postby BarbaraC » Tue Mar 11, 2008 6:42 am

I just tripped across this at the Adobe forum: this year's TaxCut installs a PDF-maker without asking permission, and it seems this can kill various CS3 products which all, to one extent or another, rely on Acrobat, which is being killed by TaxCut's ininvited installation. It caused one poor soul to lose an entire 24 hours worth of work. So far, there's no resolution from H&R Block. Glad I decided to get TurboTax.

Barbara

Postby Jerry Cole » Tue Mar 11, 2008 8:58 am

Oh Wow! As if the taxes were not enough of a whack! There are not many feelings more forelorn than when you lose a big chunk of time invested data ... I can really empathize with that person.
I'm also a Turbo Tax user, but thanks for passing this on.
Jerry
San Diego Guy
PSG, PSP, PSE8 & Nikon D80 user
"I don't give a damn for a man that can only spell a word one way." Mark Twain

Postby BarbaraC » Tue Mar 11, 2008 9:17 am

I used TaxCut last year, and it's what made me decide to go back to TurboTax. Neither one of them is very easy to understand when the situation is other than a case of being an employee. Woe to those of us who own our own businesses. It's all a plot by the IRS to extract more than they should and by CPA's who circle above us like buzzards, waiting for us to just plain give up.

Barbara

Esteemed Member

Postby LEE7 » Tue Mar 11, 2008 1:55 pm

Nightmare!!!

Glad I work for an Employer, I honestly couldn`t cope, I hate paperwork.

Regards.

Peter.

Postby Jerry Cole » Tue Mar 11, 2008 2:37 pm

Barbara,
Yeah, I understand. After retiring. I worked for a while from home as a consultant. About 6 mos./year. It's much easier now than then ....TurboTax does a great job with investments, interest, dividends and the money I get from holding out a tin cup on the corner!
Jerry
San Diego Guy
PSG, PSP, PSE8 & Nikon D80 user
"I don't give a damn for a man that can only spell a word one way." Mark Twain

Return to PSP - Third Party Applications