TUTORIAL N0. 02 POPPING COLOUR - PHOTOSHOP

Discuss which third party applications you use to help create your slide shows using ProShow Producer. This is not a forum to promote other slide show software programs.

Re: TUTORIAL N0. 02 POPPING COLOUR - PHOTOSHOP

Postby heckydog » Sat Nov 01, 2008 4:16 pm

BarbaraC wrote:Grammy Grammar jumping in here, Joe. Yes, it's perfectly fine to end a sentence with "of" or any other preposition. It's illegal only in extremely formal writing, which no one wants to read anyway.

Barbara

Barbara,

Bless you a lot of.

That's something I never woulda thought of.

Joe the Grammar King :roll:

Postby Anna J » Sat Nov 01, 2008 4:23 pm

If you don't have Photoshop and just want a little colorsplash, this little program does a super job!

http://www.magicsplash.com/index.php?id ... xgodulkRxw

Anna
Anna

Honorary ProShow PHD

Postby stickgirl » Sat Nov 01, 2008 5:46 pm

BarbaraC wrote:Grammy Grammar jumping in here

Barbara,

Between the spelling and the grammar, you must bite your tongue when you read some of the posts. :shock:

Joe - I'm not sure where you are, but it was a nice 70 here today, which is much warmer than we normally see in November. I'd be happy if that were the temperature ALL winter.
Kathy

Postby heckydog » Sat Nov 01, 2008 6:15 pm

stickgirl wrote:
BarbaraC wrote:Grammy Grammar jumping in here

Barbara,

Between the spelling and the grammar, you must bite your tongue when you read some of the posts. :shock:

Joe - I'm not sure where you are, but it was a nice 70 here today, which is much warmer than we normally see in November. I'd be happy if that were the temperature ALL winter.
Kathy

Chicagoland, The Windy City, where it will be a balmy 77 tomorrow. We cherish every decent day here after the official ending of summer. I will be sacrificing a goat in the parking lot tomorrow in the hopes we will be blessed with more nice weather. :twisted: :mrgreen:

Joe the Goat Herder and NOT the plumber

Postby bob walden » Sun Nov 02, 2008 6:40 pm

Nice colorizing Joe. I can never get mine looking right. Really like the look. Maybe because I'm old and love the old pictures!!

Chicago weather is always a surprise!! I miss it!! And I'll miss Studs Terkel. Had a chance to meet him a couple times. Loved his work!!

Bob W

picturesinmotion

Postby picturesinmotion » Tue Dec 23, 2008 10:32 pm

That was a great tutorial! I was wondering, though, when the slides you worked with played back, it seemed like each color slowing transitioned onto the person. How did you do that? Was there a particular transition effect you used between each slide? Thanks!

Postby dtpitts » Thu Jan 08, 2009 7:50 am

WOW, THANKS SO MUCH! THIS IS SOMETHING I HAVE ALWAYS WANTED TO DO AND YOUR EASY TO UNDERSTAND TUTORIAL MAKES IT LOOK EASY! THANKS LOADS FOR YOU TAKING THE TIME TO HELP OTHERS!

TERESA
:)

Postby heckydog » Fri Jan 09, 2009 7:03 pm

picturesinmotion wrote:That was a great tutorial! I was wondering, though, when the slides you worked with played back, it seemed like each color slowing transitioned onto the person. How did you do that? Was there a particular transition effect you used between each slide? Thanks!

Better late than never. Sorry about that, must have missed it the first time around :wink:

It all depends on which transition is used. Normally, a straight dissolve seems to work the best. By using a longer transition time, 2-3 seconds, the color just seems to appear almost unnoticed. In this particular show I was trying to show my brother what I was doing so I used several different ones. Slow wipes across, up or down, in addition to the dissolve. Between each I used a fade just to separate them and try to sync to the music.

Teresa,

It is relatively easy but it's also time intensive :D A good set of color charts doesn't hurt either. :wink:

Previous

Return to PSP - Third Party Applications