Help again with juice drops!

Discuss which third party applications you use to help create your slide shows using ProShow Producer. This is not a forum to promote other slide show software programs.
Valued Member

Help again with juice drops!

Postby Coconut » Thu Nov 29, 2007 3:49 pm

I was trying to open up a juice drop in Photoshop but I get a message that the scratch discs are full. Any Idea what that means?
The disc space on my computer is low- maybe it has something to do with that?
Hope someone can help!
Leslie

images-that-move

Postby images-that-move » Thu Nov 29, 2007 7:16 pm

Leslie,

Photoshop uses scratch disk as part of its memory management.... you can change this (somewhat) by going into the following menus (my example is CS3 based but should be close to other versions) .. Edit / Preferences ... then select Performance (in CS2 it will be under Plug Ins & Scratch Disks)... from there you should be able to select which disk(s) you want to use as your scratch disks.... Try to only use local drives (no USB or remote drives -- they will work but can be very very slow).....

Most likely the reason for your error is lack of disk space ... you can adjust on the same screen the number of History states to hold on to... that will reduce your need for scratch (won't eliminate it just reduce it)....

Hope that helps some....

Take care,

Valued Member

Postby Coconut » Thu Nov 29, 2007 7:22 pm

Thanks Bob!
I will give it a try...looks like I need to free up some disk space too.
Leslie

images-that-move

Postby images-that-move » Thu Nov 29, 2007 7:36 pm

Your welcome Leslie....

You may already know this (or have it) but I use a CCleaner (http://www.ccleaner.com) to help clear up temporary files and general garbage.... it is free but it really helps with all the "temp stuff" that tends to clutter up a drive....

Just thought I'd mention it....

Take care,

Return to PSP - Third Party Applications