Juice Drops

Discuss which third party applications you use to help create your slide shows using ProShow Producer. This is not a forum to promote other slide show software programs.
Valued Member

Juice Drops

Postby Coconut » Mon Nov 26, 2007 4:50 pm

I can't quite figure out how to take a picture from Juice Drops and put it into photoshop- I did it once but for some reason I can't remember how I did it! I am sure it is super simple- and that's probably why I can't figure it out!!! Thanks for your help.
Leslie

Postby nannybear » Mon Nov 26, 2007 5:18 pm

I just put the disc in my dvd reader, open Photoshop and go to File/Open find the the drive pick my JD and open it? See if that helps, let me know if not. Cheers Jan
http://www.janstephens.com or http://www.oilswithjananddonna.com/
Graphic Design, Essential Oils, Click and Grow gardening, Cooking and Merge Dragons - PSP latest - Adobe Creative Cloud Suite
You can find me on Facebook, come visit!!

Valued Member

Postby Coconut » Tue Nov 27, 2007 5:05 am

Thanks Jan,
I will give it a try- now that is easy!
Leslie

Postby iromero » Tue Dec 04, 2007 3:53 am

Sticking with the JD topic, does anyone use the Juicer software for Juice Drops. I spent half the day on sunday trying to figure out how to export only a certain layer from an image. I finally gave up and throught the grace of god remembered that it was a psd file and would open in Photoshop with all layers intact. I did as Jan suggested and used PS to open the image directly from the dvd and selected the appropriate layers and saved.

I find no purpose to use Juicer for JD. Am I missing something here?

Ivan

images-that-move

Postby images-that-move » Tue Dec 04, 2007 5:29 am

Ivan,

The only thing I use Juicer for with JD is locating / browsing for what I want... to me it is nice to have a "catalog" of all the files and to be able to quickly turn layers on and off as I search for that specific item.... Other than that there is no need to "render" from Juicer at all...

skiyak

Postby skiyak » Tue Dec 04, 2007 5:31 am

iromero wrote:Sticking with the JD topic, does anyone use the Juicer software for Juice Drops. I spent half the day on sunday trying to figure out how to export only a certain layer from an image. I finally gave up and throught the grace of god remembered that it was a psd file and would open in Photoshop with all layers intact. I did as Jan suggested and used PS to open the image directly from the dvd and selected the appropriate layers and saved.

I find no purpose to use Juicer for JD. Am I missing something here?

Ivan

I'm pretty sure you're correct that Juicer doesn't export specific layers -- it just lets you see a quick preview of the layers. Opening from PS is the way I usually do when wanting to extract layers.

In terms of Juicer usage for Juice Drops, you can change effects, etc. eg. If you take JD4719 which are more or less white snowflakes on a blue background, you can change the effects, colourize, blur, whatever in Juicer. As an example, duo colourize and change the white highlights to blue and the shadows to red, you can have blue snowflakes on a red background. You can then render it out as a psd. So what normally might have been a bluish type background, you've now made it red, and all the layers will have been transformed with the appropriate shading, etc., rather than going into Photoshop and doing this separately for each layer. You can get a lot of different looks. Mix and match the coloured snowflakes, etc.

Postby iromero » Tue Dec 04, 2007 6:23 am

Thanks. That is a really good tip. I agree that Photoshop is probably the best tool to use but I hadn't thought about changing colors and the like. Thank you all for the great feedback.

Ivan

Return to PSP - Third Party Applications