Camtasia Studio 3

Discuss which third party applications you use to help create your slide shows using ProShow Producer. This is not a forum to promote other slide show software programs.
Honorary ProShow PHD

Camtasia Studio 3

Postby Penny47 » Sun Nov 25, 2007 11:43 am

I could really do with some help with this. I may be trying to run before I can walk. anyhow I downloaded this program and even managed to get my DVD on to it the 1st time. It had sound and the picture. Then I lost the sound, now I have the sound back but the picture has gone. Any ideas. I changed the sound to Audio, but left everything else the same. I hope I am making a little sense. What I am trying to do is copy my DVD so I can use it on PSP at the end of a show.

Penny

Postby heckydog » Sun Nov 25, 2007 1:21 pm

As long as you have the DVD itself, you'd be better off to convert the files on the DVD directly to a file suitable for ProShow rather than doing a screen capture.

You can normally copy the VOB files to your hard drive and just change the extension to mpg. There are also programs that will convert those files to avi or wmv files as well. SUPER, Stoik, and Blaze Media come to mind for that. Then, if you have a video editor like Pinnacle Studio or Sony Vegas you can edit the files down to just the sections you need for your PSP show and the quality will be much better.

IF your DVD is a commercial DVD with copy protection then you're talking about a different animal.

Honorary ProShow PHD

Thanks

Postby Penny47 » Sun Nov 25, 2007 1:25 pm

Thanks heckydog

No the DVD is not commercial. So it should be OK and I will look into what you have suggest. I have a whole day alone for once so can spend quiet time trying everything. Thanks again.

Penny

ProShow Hall of Fame

Postby briancbb » Sun Nov 25, 2007 2:18 pm

Yes agree with Heckydog.

A free, easy to use, editor is Avidemux for trimming mpg files. Does little other than trim.

Brian

Honorary ProShow PHD

cheers

Postby Penny47 » Mon Nov 26, 2007 8:42 am

Brian thanks for that I have downloaded the program and will give it a try.

Penny

Return to PSP - Third Party Applications