Digital Juice Video Background Poor Quality Help

Discuss which third party applications you use to help create your slide shows using ProShow Producer. This is not a forum to promote other slide show software programs.

Digital Juice Video Background Poor Quality Help

Postby Elmo03 » Tue Nov 13, 2007 7:20 am

Hello! I have some Digital Juice products - video backgrounds. When I copy the file from the DVD onto my harddrive and add it as a layer to my slide, the quality is very poor - like it is a 72 dpi internet image that has been enlarged. I made a DVD of the show thinking that maybe it was low resolution just as a preview on the show, but the quality on the finished DVD is poor as well.

I have also incorporated Digital Hotcakes video backgrounds and overlays into the same Producer 3.1 show and the quality is beautiful and clear. Any advice on how to get my Digital Juice video backgrounds to also look sharp and clear, which is how they should look! :D

Thanks for your help.

mlanders

Re: Digital Juice Video Background Poor Quality Help

Postby mlanders » Tue Nov 13, 2007 8:06 am

Elmo03 wrote:Hello! I have some Digital Juice products - video backgrounds. When I copy the file from the DVD onto my harddrive and add it as a layer to my slide, the quality is very poor - like it is a 72 dpi internet image that has been enlarged. I made a DVD of the show thinking that maybe it was low resolution just as a preview on the show, but the quality on the finished DVD is poor as well.

Hello Elmo03,

you have to render the videofile with the juicer that comes with your video backgoundfile.
The Juicer gives you more options for the right output of the file and this in perfect quality.

Michael

Postby Elmo03 » Tue Nov 13, 2007 8:50 am

Thanks for your reply. I rendered some video backgrounds in the Juicer a few weeks ago and still got the same poor quality. I called DJ then and one guy said for the video backgrounds you don't need to use the juicer. Just place the file on your harddrive. That seemed to work fine. A few weeks later my computer went haywire and I had to redo the whole computer and can't figure out how to get the DJ videos to work again. I just tried rendering a straight .avi file in the Juicer 3 and it still has poor quality. Even on the preview screen in the Juicer it doesn't look good. I even made a DVD of the 2 video backs, just burning them onto DVD and they played back poorly. Don't understand why something so professional and something that should be easy is not producing the quality it should.

Digital Hotcakes was so easy to use and looks wonderful, hoping DJ can do the same. (And hoping that the Hotcakes look as good when I burn the project onto DVD :D)

Any suggestions on what settings to use in the Juicer 3? It's standard definition video backgrounds.

Thank You.

images-that-move

Postby images-that-move » Tue Nov 13, 2007 9:04 am

Elmo03,

Here is a thread that might help you with Juicer and incorporating it into Proshow....

http://www.proshowenthusiasts.com/viewtopic.php?t=3838

Let us know if that helps....

Postby Elmo03 » Tue Nov 13, 2007 9:26 am

Hi Bob,

Thank you for the reference topic. I have looked at that information before. It does say to just drop the background file onto your computer. I just heard back from an email to Digital Juice and the person said to copy the file from the "Source" folder of the DVD, not the "Juice/Juicer 3" file, which is what I think I was doing. I copied the background from the Source file and will make a DVD later of my project - hopefully the DJ will look great! I'll post back with the results. I don't recall seeing on the reference topic you posted that the file has to come from the "source" folder of the DJ DVD, maybe I missed it. But hopefully that is what will solve this problem! Thanks so much for your speedy replies. :)

images-that-move

Postby images-that-move » Tue Nov 13, 2007 9:56 am

Ellmo03,

The directions in the referenced thread assumes you are going to use the Juicer application to extract the files from the DVD. Juicer will allow you to extract and "convert" to the format and quality that you need... it also allows you to adjust and crop the image before generating the output file.

If you grabbed the file from the Juicer directory you would only be getting a "preview" (very small) quality file.... but also know when you go to the Source directory you are going to be getting the complete (ie.. large) file.... By extracting with Juicer you can have the file scaled for the specific usage that you are want (thus may have a smaller file size).... but in any case if you grab the native from from the Source directory all should work for you....

Take care (and let us know how it works out for you....),

Postby Elmo03 » Tue Nov 13, 2007 4:15 pm

Hi Bob,

Finished burning the DVD, looked at it on a TV and the quality appears to be clear like it should be. Placing the file from the "source" folder was the key. I guess when I saw "Juice" as a folder, I figured, "hey, that sounds like the correct one to use since the company is called Digital Juice" :D

Thanks again for your help! :)

Postby gpsmikey » Tue Nov 13, 2007 7:49 pm

Thanks for the feedback -- sounds like something I would do (although I tend
to be a bit suspicious of anything involving video that is less than 100 megs :D )

I'll keep it in mind when I am snooping around on my DJ disks.

mikey
You can't have too many gadgets or too much disk space !!
mikey (PSP6, Photoshop CS6, Vegas Pro 14, Acid 7, BluffTitler, Nikon D300s, D810)
Lots of PIC and Arduino microprocessor stuff too !!

images-that-move

Postby images-that-move » Wed Nov 14, 2007 3:08 am

Elmo03,

Glad to hear you got what you needed!!!

Take care,

Return to PSP - Third Party Applications