photoshop 6

Discuss which third party applications you use to help create your slide shows using ProShow Producer. This is not a forum to promote other slide show software programs.

photoshop 6

Postby northfreedom » Thu Oct 25, 2007 8:30 pm

I am also a lurker. I've learned so much from all of you and really appreciate all the knowledge you have. My problem is that I recently upgraded from photoshop 3 to 6. I have not read good things about 6 and have experienced a few problems with it myself. Does anyone on this forum use 6 and have any thoughts on it?

Bev :D

mrcracked

Re: photoshop 6

Postby mrcracked » Fri Oct 26, 2007 1:58 am

northfreedom wrote:I am also a lurker. I've learned so much from all of you and really appreciate all the knowledge you have. My problem is that I recently upgraded from photoshop 3 to 6. I have not read good things about 6 and have experienced a few problems with it myself. Does anyone on this forum use 6 and have any thoughts on it?

Bev :D

did you upgrade to photoshop 6 or photoshop ELEMENTS 6? it makes a big difference. i upgraded to photoshop 6 probably 7 years ago and it was a giant difference from version 5.5; their previous release. i never used version 3, but there had to be a monumental difference between the two versions. photoshop is now on version CS3 which equates to version 10 if they were still numbering traditionally. i am not sure where you would even be able to find a version of photoshop six today.

my thinking is that you actually talking about photoshop elements 6. I have not used photoshop elements since i installed it on a friends machine. i was getting a free version with each wacom tablet i bought and had no use for them, so many were distributed to friends. i hated having to use the elements version when ever i supplied 'technical' support. i am not denying that photoshop elements is a capable program, just that it is not as friendly and powerful as it's big brother.

after looking at the reviews of photoshop elements 6; it seems that those who review software regularly (magazines and websites) love it, but most upgrading users are disappointed. very few complaints come from the features, but mostly the amount of resources it demands on the computer and resulting problems. i am thinking that Adobe will release a patch soon to correct the problems users are having.

having upgraded my adobe arsenal many times over the years, i have never been disappointed in any of their upgrades. many times i have asked myself,'what in the hell were they thinking when they changed this?'. after using the software the new way i could see why they changed it and would hesitant to go back to the old. examples of this in photoshop would be the way layers are linked and the docking well. if the things you do not like are changes to the way the program operates, i suggest giving the new way a chance. if they are true bugs, i know adobe will try to make things right.

Mark

Postby gpsmikey » Fri Oct 26, 2007 6:29 am

For those with Costco's around, I noticed Photoshop Elements 6 there
last night for $79 if I remember correctly.

mikey
You can't have too many gadgets or too much disk space !!
mikey (PSP6, Photoshop CS6, Vegas Pro 14, Acid 7, BluffTitler, Nikon D300s, D810)
Lots of PIC and Arduino microprocessor stuff too !!

Postby northfreedom » Fri Oct 26, 2007 6:48 pm

Thanks for answering. Sorry, but it is photoshop elements 6. The specific problem I'm having is with the photos I had scanned in in PSE3. When I click on a persons tag in PSE6, their photos come up, but so do a bunch more that have noting to do with that person. Not sure if I'm doing something wrong or not. I can't afford and of the CS's at this time.
Bev

Return to PSP - Third Party Applications