Digital Juice Newbie

Discuss which third party applications you use to help create your slide shows using ProShow Producer. This is not a forum to promote other slide show software programs.
Debi1054

Digital Juice Newbie

Postby Debi1054 » Fri Oct 19, 2007 7:53 pm

Hi Guys! Just ordered a bundle of DJ stacktraxx, and feeling a bit dumb here. Followed (I thought) the directions...but how the heck do you get the music from DJ to your computer??? Got to the save location, apply to all, and...nothing. (In fact, took a bit of time to figure out what they meant by "twirlies" :?
Asking here rather than DJ cuz this is really such a friendly forum! I like it here ;)
Thanks,
Debi

Postby gpsmikey » Fri Oct 19, 2007 8:32 pm

When you click the "render" button, Juicer should put the selected tracks in the format
you chose (wav etc) in the directory you specified. Note that one cool thing you can
do with Stack Tracks is render the same selection twice - the first time with only the
drums selected, the second with whatever you really want. Then use the drum only
version to sync your slides to the music (makes it easy to see the beat), then replace
it with the normal version. You do have to be careful working with juicer (the user interface
is a bit less than "user friendly" sometimes ("intuitively obvious" ? :lol: ). You will
think you have it pointed at one location to save things, but it thinks it is saving it
somewhere else. Make sure you have specified the correct location and applied that
to all the items you are rendering. Wouldn't be the first time I had to search the disk
to find out where it put it :D

I think "twirlies" apply to tassles, while you are thinking of "spinners" :wink:

mikey
You can't have too many gadgets or too much disk space !!
mikey (PSP6, Photoshop CS6, Vegas Pro 14, Acid 7, BluffTitler, Nikon D300s, D810)
Lots of PIC and Arduino microprocessor stuff too !!

Debi1054

Postby Debi1054 » Sat Oct 20, 2007 6:45 am

Aahhh, Save to lacation first, render after! DJ's directions not so explicit!
Thanks much, Mikey. Will try again!
Debi

Postby gpsmikey » Sat Oct 20, 2007 7:20 am

Debi1054 wrote:Aahhh, Save to lacation first, render after! DJ's directions not so explicit!
Thanks much, Mikey. Will try again!
Debi

Morning Debi (or whatever time it is in your corner of the world :D ) I just
realized I forgot to ask a very important question -- did you install the latest
version of "Juicer3" from Digital Juice ? That is their free software that I
was commenting on the settings in for rendering the music (or any of their
other stuff). I realized this morning I was telling you how to drive a car
without bothering to find out if you HAD a car. They also have a decent
tutorial on the juicer that has actually a bunch of segments that should help
http://www.digitaljuice.com/support/tut ... efault.asp

Let me know if that makes it a bit clearer :wink:

mikey
mikey (PSP6, Photoshop CS6, Vegas Pro 14, Acid 7, BluffTitler, Nikon D300s, D810)

Debi1054

Postby Debi1054 » Sat Oct 20, 2007 7:46 am

Yes, thanks Mikey, I did. Was having a heck of a time figuring it out tho! Just gave it a try, and Viola! Got it now!
Will certainly peruse the tutorial. Seems a bit of a challenge getting around in there, but maybe I'm just not used to it yet.
Am working on a "Babies" show in producer, and finding I may not have purchased the right music...It's OK, but not rocking my world so to speak....any ideas what they've got that works well there???
Thanks!
Debi
PS should put a signature in here- Do that in profile?

Postby gpsmikey » Sat Oct 20, 2007 8:18 am

Yep, add the signature in your profile.

As far as the "correct music" for your show, as many people have noted, that
is indeed the key - the wrong music just doesn't make it. Not sure just what
is right that they have, but you can preview all of their volumes online by clicking
the "gallery" tab for the volume. If it is just for a family show, check out some
of Celine Dion's stuff - she has some great stuff on a couple of her CD's for
when her baby was born.

mikey

Debi1054

Postby Debi1054 » Sat Oct 20, 2007 8:26 am

Oh, I had all the perfect music in the original DVD, but this will play in a public place, and suspect there's a need to be LEGAL, thus the big DJ purchase LOL! Have created a promotional DVD that will play in a baby boutique. When you've already had the perfect music, it's hard to then change and settle for something else... :cry:
Thank you so much for your help!
Will get my signature going here!
Debi

Return to PSP - Third Party Applications