Switch to full style
Discuss which third party applications you use to help create your slide shows using ProShow Producer. This is not a forum to promote other slide show software programs.
Post a reply

Route Generator

Sat Jan 07, 2017 8:54 am

We like travelling to countries all over the world and after each trip we make a movie with PGP. Each show has some 700 to 900 photos in it (45 - 60 minutes) and the shows just look great! But I was looking for a program which generates our travelling route and I found this one: http://www.routegenerator.net/. It's a small program which generates an AVI-movie of the route you have indicated on a map. You can also import a map from Google Maps but keep in mind that sometimes you have to reset (higher or lower) the resolution before it gets loaded. Anyway, give it a try: it's completely free and generates the route you want with (funny) effects. Hope it will be usefull and you will enjoy it.

Re: Route Generator

Mon Jan 09, 2017 12:13 am

Thanks for sharing.
Personally, I use the TomTom planner. and get a screen shot of it. The route is exactly the route which I will have in the GPS and it can be zoomed in as required. The end product is identical. The only missing item is the plane or car icons.
pd

Wed Jan 11, 2017 8:57 am

My AntiVirus is giving me warnings about the download site. Does anyone know anything more?

Fri Jan 13, 2017 3:56 am

Reply to pd: I know there are plenty of route planners which plot a route but I was looking for a "moving" route from one point to another and that is what Route Generator exactly does: it creates an avi-movie (and if you want also a screen shot of the route) which you can load into your show. Give it a try: it's not a screen shot but really a "moving" route.
What I forgot to mention: when generating several AVI-movies, store them each in a different map, otherwise you will overwrite previous ones.

Reply to tdew: I use Norton and it didn't give me an alert. I have sent the file to Virustotal.com (an online free virusscanner) and all trusted virusscanners like Norton, Bitdefender, McAfee, etc. gave it a safe rating.

Mon Sep 11, 2017 12:54 am

I'm using Vasco da Game for travel route animations and Vasco Streetmaps for producing a custom map of any location in the world. It was a big investment with all the bells and whistles, but produces fabulous animations, see motionstudios.de
If anyone would need a route animation intro for your travel slideshow or special maps, I can help out. See Travel section from my video portfolio at http://linkn.mobi/vh/3459
Raymond Silfver
Post a reply