Publish in Adobe After Effects CS6

Discuss which third party applications you use to help create your slide shows using ProShow Producer. This is not a forum to promote other slide show software programs.
Esteemed Member

Publish in Adobe After Effects CS6

Postby Dieter » Mon Jan 20, 2014 5:45 am

Hello,

i have a problem with After Effects CS6. I have a travelmap with my travelline in After Effects. Now my problem:

1. how can I make my travelline with a transparent background-without my map. That I want to put in PSP as a layer over the map.

2. what kind of output/publish should I make for PSP. I tried H264, MPEG4 and MPEG 2, all this doesn't go in PSP. PSP crashed and my map is to pixelig.
I use PSP 6.0. 3397.

Thank you for the help an best regards Dieter

Re: Publish in Adobe After Effects CS6

Postby heckydog » Mon Jan 20, 2014 6:00 am

Dieter wrote:Hello,

i have a problem with After Effects CS6. I have a travelmap with my travelline in After Effects. Now my problem:

1. how can I make my travelline with a transparent background-without my map. That I want to put in PSP as a layer over the map.

2. what kind of output/publish should I make for PSP. I tried H264, MPEG4 and MPEG 2, all this doesn't go in PSP. PSP crashed and my map is to pixelig.
I use PSP 6.0. 3397.

Thank you for the help an best regards Dieter

PSP doesn't recognize a video with an alpha channel, and those codecs you tried don't support alpha channels either.

There's a few workarounds. My first choice would be to just create the video in AE with the map background and map path and import it into PSP that way. You could also export the map path as a black and white video and use it as a mask for the color layer of the map path over the background in PSP.

Another, rarely used but effective, method is to create a PNG sequence in AE and export the individual frames as numbered PNG files with transparency. You could then import the sequence with a length of 1 frame per PNG file and have the map as a background. That would work if you have nothing else going on during the sequence. But it's very work intensive for PSP and may bog it down depending on how large the PNG files are.

I still recommend you just create the whole thing in AE and import the video complete.

Joe

Esteemed Member

Postby Dieter » Mon Jan 20, 2014 10:09 am

Hello Joe,

Thank you for the answer.

Joe wrote:
I still recommend you just create the whole thing in AE and import the video complete.

How can I do that, what kind of output can I use in AE to import to PSP. I would like a resolution from min. 1400x933 px. oder higher for Beamer.

Thank you and best regards Dieter

Postby heckydog » Mon Jan 20, 2014 2:38 pm

You can output as an mp4 file, 1600x900, as an example. It will give you good quality without a huge file size.

You would want to maintain the 16x9 aspect ratio to avoid having black bars on the sides or top or bottom edges of the video. The 1400x933 size is a 1.5:1 ratio. If the map you are working with is that size you would have to adjust it to fit the work area. When you create the new composition you can specify any size as long as you maintain the right aspect ratio.

When you add your project to the render queue in After Effects, select H.264 as the format.

Joe

added: these are my recommendations based on not having seen what your project looks like.

Esteemed Member

Postby Dieter » Tue Jan 21, 2014 5:34 am

Hello Joe,

thank you for your help. Now I have it. It was a hard work.

1. I made my travelroute as an move path in AE with my map in the background.
2. now I delete my Backgroundmap
3. my travelroute runs now on a black background.
4. I create a output in H 264.

Now- how can I delete the black background ? Why we have PSP. The solution is Chroma Key.
I set "Intensity Threshold" to zero and "intensity Drop Off" to 100 - the background was transparensy and the travelline runs on my map or what I want.
Why do I that. The output in AE as an Video was a little bit pixelig. Now i can my Travelroute place over my Slide and have a high resolution.

Best regards Dieter

Postby heckydog » Tue Jan 21, 2014 3:02 pm

Nice solution. I'm used to thinking of chromakeying as using just green or blue.

I forget about chromakeying off of black because sometimes it can cause problems if you have black in the part you don't want to key out.

Joe

Esteemed Member

Postby Dieter » Wed Jan 22, 2014 12:55 am

Hello Joe,

I forget about chromakeying off of black because sometimes it can cause problems if you have black in the part you don't want to key out.

Yes you are right. My line have only blue. There is a clean line when you set in PSP Chroma Key my setting. It must be a pure Color otherwise there may be problems.

Bestr regards Dieter

Return to PSP - Third Party Applications