Photoshop CC

Discuss which third party applications you use to help create your slide shows using ProShow Producer. This is not a forum to promote other slide show software programs.

Photoshop CC

Postby jojo » Thu May 09, 2013 7:15 pm

There is a lot of talk around the net regarding the release of Photoshop CC (Creative Cloud) versus A Photoshop CS7.
I am on the fence on this one. The idea of having an continual up to date Photoshop via the Creative Cloud vs a once every 18 month upgrade disc upgrade is an interesting idea. My concerns is the low intro monthly price that will go up, and the idea of once I stop the subscription I no longer have the use of Photoshop.
I sure hope Producer does not go that route.

John

Re: Photoshop CC

Postby gpsmikey » Thu May 09, 2013 7:36 pm

Yeah, I think CS6 is going to be my last Adobe purchase. I'm not interested in buying into the monthly fee to keep it running - it would be different if when you quit paying the monthly fee it stayed working at the point you were at, but to continuously have to pay the monthly fee or it is gone reminds me of the "rate sucker" commercials on TV recently (I think it is Progressive).

mikey
You can't have too many gadgets or too much disk space !!
mikey (PSP6, Photoshop CS6, Vegas Pro 14, Acid 7, BluffTitler, Nikon D300s, D810)
Lots of PIC and Arduino microprocessor stuff too !!

Postby BarbaraC » Fri May 10, 2013 3:32 pm

On another forum I belong to where Audition is used constantly, there's a thread about Adobe's new vision of themselves. So far, there have been over 100 people posting, and 100% of them have said they will never again buy anything from Adobe. They'll stick with what they have, and if the time comes when what they have no longer works on their computer, they figure lots of other companies will have jumped into the hole Adobe has dug, and there will be plenty to choose from. I'm one of the 100%.

I believe they've made a very bad choice, but we'll all have to wait and see.

Barbara
The Frame Locker - styles, transitions, frames, backgrounds, & more.
Subscribe to Frame Locker News for alerts to new products.
How-to's: ProShowThink

Esteemed Member

Postby moehler » Fri May 17, 2013 5:44 pm

I think this is great. I just moved to CC and it has already opened up my eyes to the other product that adobe makes. I've downloaded Audition, Script Plus, Illustrator and After Effects in the last four days. If I consider how amazing the feature set is that I get with PS alone it is mind-blowing. I use PS all the time and it makes me a lot of money (well over the fee that Adobe charges). There will be people that will stop using it, but that is okay. I'm not too concerned about this. Heck a couple other companies jumping into the market to compete would be good for everyone, but I'm not sure who it is going to be.

Postby BarbaraC » Sat May 18, 2013 4:16 am

moehler wrote:Heck a couple other companies jumping into the market to compete would be good for everyone, but I'm not sure who it is going to be.

Corel comes to mind.

Not being into video or Illustrator sorts of things, I probably won't notice others stepping up to the plate in those realms. My other passion--audio--is served by a piece of software that goes far beyond Audition, and so I use the latter for mundane chores that could just as well be handled by Audacity if the need ever arises.

A lot of folks have upgraded to the latest CS version so they'll have it before that avenue shuts down.

Barbara

Postby bob walden » Wed May 22, 2013 7:08 am

I have been using PS since Version 3. Usually upgrade every second version. I really dislike what Adobe is doing. It may be financially a good deal for some but seems like a terrible idea for the majority. I'm old school. When I buy something I feel I own it. Like Mikey, I think CS6 will be my last version. As for the availability of the other products on the cloud, the only one I would be interested in is Illustrator for turning pixel based into vector images. Not nearly enough use to justify the addition cost of Illustrator plus Photoshop. And once the introductory offer on Photoshop expires (very soon now) I would think the price will go way up.

Postby jojo » Thu May 30, 2013 5:04 am

I really don't need a another monthly bill in my life. Here is a link on Coral take for CS users. They are offering Upgrade prices, for a limited time, to CS users if they need to upgrade their Photo Editing programs.
Once my CS 6 is no longer useful I will be moving on to another program. This Adobe change may be great for advanced users and large companies that edit photos as a business but for the hobbyist, this is not the way to go.

http://corelblogs.wordpress.com/2013/05 ... -cs-users/

Postby BarbaraC » Thu May 30, 2013 5:10 am

I'm going to post that link on another forum I belong to where all but one person is outraged, that one person working for a company that can afford Adobe.

Barbara

Return to PSP - Third Party Applications