Editing photos in Lightroom (Mac); Create slideshow in Win 8

Discuss which third party applications you use to help create your slide shows using ProShow Producer. This is not a forum to promote other slide show software programs.

Editing photos in Lightroom (Mac); Create slideshow in Win 8

Postby Yanis » Sat Jan 19, 2013 12:59 pm

Greetings,

First of all, please feel free move this topic if I created it in the wrong bucket.

Here is my dilemma. I would like to be able to edit my photos using Lightroom in a Mac. When I am done with the photo editing, I would create my slideshow using my Windows 8 laptop.

I have seen some posts in the forum suggesting VMWare, Parallels, Boot Camp, etc... I have tried that route a couple of years ago but I was not satisfied with the result. I still prefer using a machine running Windows rather than using a Mac to run Windows solely for the purpose of creating my slideshows.

Therefore, can anyone who is in the same situation shed some light if there are other alternatives that I can try? So far, I tried mounting one of my Windows drives to the Mac but I discovered that Lightroom doesn't write its catalog on a shared drive. It will read it but it cannot write to a shared drive. I also looked at the possibility of creating a file server but I will need to clear a bunch of my networking cob webs and possibly investing on some hardware for this option. I don't know if that will get approved my my CFO (wife). :)

Any feedback would be much appreciated.

Peace.

Yanis :D

Return to PSP - Third Party Applications