Lightroom Proshow PlugIn Export

Discuss which third party applications you use to help create your slide shows using ProShow Producer. This is not a forum to promote other slide show software programs.
Valued Member

Lightroom Proshow PlugIn Export

Postby RoseW » Thu Jan 03, 2013 4:57 pm

The addon plugin for Lightroom uses 2800 wide jpg and the export results in an image that can be 500kb to 1.3Mg. 7D original images resize to the 2800x1575 range for the 16:9 choice. Other older camera images (40D, Rebel) do not fit the same; the original isn't as large to begin with.
This resize is substantial and there is no export sharpening applied. I checked the contents of the lrtemplates in the plugin folder.
After contacting the company the response was that " A sharpening function wasn't included because it wasn't part of the design but I send the suggestion down the line. "
I had already edited the template before the reply arrived.
the following lines inserted into the template inserted just above the line reimportExportedPhoto=false using a text editor on the original .lrtemplate works like a charm
outputSharpeningLevel = 2,
outputSharpeningMedia = "screen",
outputSharpeningOn = true,
2 = Standard export sharpening.
3 = Higher strength sharpening
Changes made to this export template can not be updated on the fly in Lightroom so I made a copy for my user preset folder which I can update.

If the image is exported without any change in dimensions then I can see foregoing post process sharpening but this export is producing a fairly small file compared to the original.

I requested an export choice for the plug in to not start a new show but add the images to an existing show folder. This would eliminate cropping to 16:9 in Lightroom when the original doesn't fit.
At the moment if I use the ProShow plugin export I send the images out to a subfolder and a dummy show. The images are moved into the real show folder. Then I can add them to the project in progress.

Overall the plugin works very efficiently even with many images on one export but it may be sizing images down too small for some people's preference.

Rose
Canon 6D,7D,
Lightroom & Photoshop Classic CC, Producer 6, Gold 6
Windows 10 pro
Epson Projector

Return to PSP - Third Party Applications