ImgBurn Website - Which "download" to click?????

Discuss which third party applications you use to help create your slide shows using ProShow Producer. This is not a forum to promote other slide show software programs.

ImgBurn Website - Which "download" to click?????

Postby debngar » Thu Dec 20, 2012 11:55 am

I haven't burned a DVD in a couple of years since I switched to my newest desktop machine. I went to ImgBurn website and with all the junk posted on that page, it's difficult to know which "download" button to click on since they all look like they are connected to an advertisement of some kind.

Can someone do a quick screen shot of the page and circle the button to be pressed for English download of that software? I'd rather not click on something else that loads onto my computer, just want Imgburn.

Apparently I'm not the only one that dislikes the website's layout and can't find the proper link for the download. Their facebook page is loaded with comments about that and they do not respond with a clear answer.

If it makes a difference, I'm using Windows 7 64-bit.

http://www.imgburn.com/index.php?act=download

Thanks in advance. :D
Debbie
Photography http://deborah-green.com

Re: ImgBurn Website - Which "download" to click?????

Postby debngar » Thu Dec 20, 2012 12:19 pm

Ok I think I found it - finally.

Is it the teeny tiny underlined "Click here to download" in the 2.5.7.0 Released update in the news section dated March 29th, 2012?

Does anyone who uses Imgburn concur that is the REAL and latest link? It would appear they would rather visitors click on anything else but that since it's so small. Sheesh.
Debbie

Postby BarbaraC » Thu Dec 20, 2012 12:46 pm

It certainly is a geek's sort of place, isn't it? :D

I didn't want to download anything, but it appears all the links are at the top where you can pick from which site you want to download. Does clicking on them produce some kind of ad?

Barbara
The Frame Locker - styles, transitions, frames, backgrounds, & more.
Subscribe to Frame Locker News for alerts to new products.
How-to's: ProShowThink

Postby debngar » Thu Dec 20, 2012 1:13 pm

All those links are to other websites except for what looks like the last one that comes from within that actual Imgburn website.

I wouldn't know about clicking on them and what they produce because I don't want to click on them....

But I finally clicked on #7 which looks like the one provided by Imgburn.

Thanks
Debbie

Postby gpsmikey » Thu Dec 20, 2012 1:18 pm

OK, how about this? :D

mikey
You can't have too many gadgets or too much disk space !!
mikey (PSP6, Photoshop CS6, Vegas Pro 14, Acid 7, BluffTitler, Nikon D300s, D810)
Lots of PIC and Arduino microprocessor stuff too !!

Postby BarbaraC » Thu Dec 20, 2012 1:32 pm

All the links except for the last one go to other sites that are also hosting the download. You find this on sites periodically where download traffic is high, but I've never seen such a long list!

Barbara

Postby debngar » Thu Dec 20, 2012 5:14 pm

Thank you Mikey and Barbara.

I was able to get the file I needed and it installed ok. I'm also happy to report that after 2 years of not burning OR printing a DVD, I did both and the procedures turned out as hoped without too much trouble the first time, thankfully. Yippee! :D The show plays like butter, both in avi format and using the DVD via the TV. I was a bit concerned about the jittery playback while I was editing the show these past few weeks because of my old video card apparently couldn't keep up. But once the show was rendered, all was well. Whew!
Debbie

Postby BarbaraC » Fri Dec 21, 2012 4:03 am

I haven't burned a DVD in forever, but if I were to do it, ImgBurn would most definitely be my choice. I was never able to get Producer to do it properly. Maybe it's changed, but as the saying goes, once burned, twice shy. :D

Barbara

Esteemed Member

Postby marjolijn1957 » Fri Dec 21, 2012 5:43 am

Perhaps you can use this

http://download.cnet.com/Ashampoo-Burning-Studio-Free/3000-2646_4-10776287.html?part=dl-61683&subj=dl&tag=button

It's free and I use this program for almost 3 years now.

Postby debngar » Fri Dec 21, 2012 7:26 am

marjolijn1957 wrote:Perhaps you can use this

http://download.cnet.com/Ashampoo-Burning-Studio-Free/3000-2646_4-10776287.html?part=dl-61683&subj=dl&tag=button

It's free and I use this program for almost 3 years now.

Thank you for the alternative choice. Imgburn has always worked for me so I'm sticking with that for now.
Debbie

Postby VideoHobbyist » Mon Jun 17, 2013 4:01 pm

BarbaraC wrote:It certainly is a geek's sort of place, isn't it? :D

I didn't want to download anything, but it appears all the links are at the top where you can pick from which site you want to download. Does clicking on them produce some kind of ad?

Barbara

If you click on the wrong link, you will unknowingly download a bunch of junk. I found that out the hard way.

Be careful. The reason Img Burn is free is probable because they are paid to get you to download links from their business partners.

Marty

Postby gpsmikey » Mon Jun 17, 2013 4:47 pm

Yes, there certainly seems to be some sort of "incentive plan" in place there although Imgburn is indeed one of my favorite utilities (I have even donated to the cause using his "donate" button). His website though, is training for navigating the rest of the web and trying to avoid installing unwanted "wondrous things" (at least as viewed by the folks pushing them). :twisted:

mikey
mikey (PSP6, Photoshop CS6, Vegas Pro 14, Acid 7, BluffTitler, Nikon D300s, D810)

Postby heckydog » Mon Jun 17, 2013 6:55 pm

I have donated to Imgburn in the past, probably more than once. I wonder if ads are blocked for people who donate? Because I don't see any of those ads or pop-ups when I run the install program. The one I linked to is the exact one that I used.

Or is it the combination of browser and malware blockers that I use?

Joe

Postby gpsmikey » Mon Jun 17, 2013 7:26 pm

I'm guessing is is the blockers as well as being careful not to just click through the install screens (that want to install the pc speedup utility and (un)real player which are checked by default). I didn't get any pop-ups when I ran it just now and this was not the machine I originally was running when I donated, so unless it is tracking on his end, it would not know that I had donated.

[edit] I should have mentioned, I took the chicken way out and grabbed the zip file from the ftp site Joe had made it available from :twisted:

mikey

Return to PSP - Third Party Applications