Vasco da Gama questions and support

Discuss which third party applications you use to help create your slide shows using ProShow Producer. This is not a forum to promote other slide show software programs.

Vasco da Gama questions and support

Postby eskneler » Wed Aug 01, 2012 3:51 pm

I recently bought Vasco da Gama from the german web site. Also downloaded the demo since I am waiting to get my CD's with the Professional version and some maps. On the vs 6 demo, it does not work on windows 7, I tried insatalling it in 3 different computers and I got an error when trying to run it. The basic version runs extgremely slow when I try to move around the map. I installed it in windows xp and it works well there, but the only way to render the movie is their recommended setting, when you try a different codec again it gives you an error warning. I love the program I am trying not to give up on it because I know of no other that is so versatile in animating a route but support is basically non existent. I sent about 6 emails (from their web site, on the Contact us tab) and got no response. I called Germany and somebody actually answered it with promise to respond to the emails but no luck. Any of you have any experience with this company? I paid over 350 Euros for the Professional version and extra maps.

Re: Vasco da Gama questions and support

Postby texan » Thu Aug 02, 2012 3:06 am

I purchased version 5 after watching their demos.........I found it to be extremely user unfriendly and could never
get a proper response from their support contact numbers.

It's a huge program (Very bulky) and the time and effort it requires to "fly a plane from Dallas, Texas, to London"
is hardly worth the price. I've given up using it, hoping they'll improve the user interface.

There are about 1/2 dozen user tutorials on YouTube, but I would not endorse this program for the lack of value.

I will say they've created a nice demo or two that is designed to lure you in...........
Last edited by texan on Thu Aug 02, 2012 4:38 am, edited 2 times in total.
Texan

Postby tdew » Thu Aug 02, 2012 3:17 am

Eskneler, When we first learned of the program, there were a quite a few people who were trying it out. I was one of them, but never did much with it after the first flurry of activity.

If you put vasco into the search box on the fourms, you can read what everyone learned about the program.
Hope it helps.

Postby eskneler » Thu Aug 02, 2012 4:45 pm

Thanks: I will look at futher postings. I played around with the demo, bought the tutorial, and it is really a very nice program, I have not seen any other as good. But I would like to concentrate on working with it, rather than fighting the quirks. The professional program does not run on windows 7, tried it in 3 different computers. It just gives an error message and quits. It runs on XP though. I had to change my nvida card because it was incompatible in windows xp. The web site says is compatible with my other computer running windows 7 but I don't think so. Again if support would be more forthcoming and easier to get (they are very slo on answering and if I ask 4 questions, only 2 get answered. I believe they care about the program, they have many many improvements from version to version, but their FAQ list should address more problems (I believe they mainly sell in Germany so the English version does not get much support. I will continue to plod along and if I can help anybody with little I know let me know.
Ed Kneler

Postby jrosenthal » Thu Aug 02, 2012 5:48 pm

I have Vasco de Gama Pro Version 6 installed on Windows 7, have had it for 4-5 months without any problesm, the only thing I found is it uses a lot computer resources, video card and RAM.

Oher than that it works great, lots of potential.

Postby eskneler » Wed Aug 08, 2012 8:29 am

I have an update on this subject. I was finally able to make VDG work in my windows 7 computer once I updated the drivers from my ATI video card. All of a sudden, all the functions were normal. I love the demo (still waiting from my package from Germany, it probably might take 2 weeks to arrived to California. But I was told everything is the same except for the word demo plastered all over the screen.
I learned a lot from the tutorial that I bought from them, it is a little extra, but by watching it 3 times and making notes, it really covers everything. I dont know of anyh other program that does travel animations so well. Regarding tech support, it is a little slow but considering the time difference from my place to Germany (9 hours) which adds at least a day, I am getting all the answers. Bought some extra maps, and was told how to use them.In the process I became an expert so if somebody needs some help in running vs 6, let me know.
I am running it in windows 7 64 bit without any problems. Thanks everybody for their input

Return to PSP - Third Party Applications