Digital Hotcakes Wedding Essentials MEGA Library.

Discuss which third party applications you use to help create your slide shows using ProShow Producer. This is not a forum to promote other slide show software programs.
Valued Member

Digital Hotcakes Wedding Essentials MEGA Library.

Postby NLAlston » Tue Jul 17, 2012 1:43 am

Well, I've bought all of the best wedding styles that I could find, and have had my eye on one other package that I recently found. It is the Wedding Essentials MEGA Library, by Digital Hotcakes. From what I have been able to see, from their demo, the contents may well be worth the $250 purchase price.

I wanted to know if anyone here is using this package, and how they felt about the whole bundle.

Advanced thanks.

Re: Digital Hotcakes Wedding Essentials MEGA Library.

Postby cherub » Tue Jul 17, 2012 2:45 am

I didn't buy it, but from what I know of Digital Hotcakes, they do not make styles for ProShow, nor transitions.
They sell video clips. Some of these video clips can be used as backgrounds, and some as transitions in Producer, after making some adjustments.

Here are the specs of what you get in this package:
Wedding Essentials Mega Library Specifications
Media :
25 Data DVDs, Both PC and Mac compatible. NTSC Only.
Each disc has descriptive label
Printable PDF thumbnail guide showing contents of each disc
File formats Provided:
DV AVIs and DV Quicktime
Overlay animations as Quicktime PNG
Overlay animations as AVIs with green background for chroma-keying

Aspect Ratio:
All content is provided in standard (4:3)
Some content is also provided in widescreen (16:9) format.

Total Disk space required:
40-45 GB for both standard and widescreen content. Not all content must be copied to your hard drive.

Postby heckydog » Tue Jul 17, 2012 4:28 am

If that's the package it doesn't look like a terrific deal to me. First of all, $250 is a lot of money just for videos. You have to make a LOT of wedding dvd's to amortize an expense like that and make it worth while and it will take quite a while to do that.

It says that all are 4x3 and only some of the videos are 16x9 but I'd guess none of them are HD. Nowadays, you have to have HD quality to start. To pay $250 for SD doesn't make sense to me. Using chromakey with avi's instead of pre-matted mov files makes it sound like these are old stock videos.

I'd be inclined to spend less money on fewer, but better quality, videos. Even if you use the same videos over and over keep in mind that the clients are new and they usually don't know what's been used before.

Just my humble opinion.

Joe

Postby gpvideodesigns » Mon Jul 23, 2012 10:57 am

Here's my problem with Digital Hotcakes
Yes, first of all they are expensive, brillant, but expensive.
Second of all, you are forced to buy packages of which you may not use many of the things in the package, kinda like the cable companies.
Third of all, they don't answer emails,
4th of all, after calling them on various occasions, they are not very friendly.
I have emailed them several times asking if they can split their packages and have never gotten an answer. I don't want half of the things in their packages.
So.. I'm still looking around. That's just my opinion on Digital Hotcakes. Not to rip on them or anything, but just to state the facts.

Return to PSP - Third Party Applications