issues with HD output in proshow producer

Discuss which third party applications you use to help create your slide shows using ProShow Producer. This is not a forum to promote other slide show software programs.

issues with HD output in proshow producer

Postby sempei » Sat Jun 30, 2012 9:43 pm

Hi, hoping someone out there has some answers for me. I am having issues with the HD output in producer. Using version 4.1, i have made a slide show in which i used some motion backgrounds downloaded from a couple different sites eg motionbackgroundsforfree and movietool.info. i originally downloaded them in MOV files and had issues playing the finished product. I downloaded again in wmv files and selected dvd in the output and burnt to a disc using Cyberlink software power2go.Works fine. But when i select bluray or HD only selecting 1280x720 resolution and i burn to disc will not play on 2 of the blu ray players that i have tried yet plays fine on PS3 player.
So not sure now if its the software that i am using to burn to disc. I am only burning as data file.
I am using the HD format but burning to a dvd -r disc , i do not have a blu ray burner only reader. All the files play fine on the PC. As i burn them on a disc i try it out on the PC and PS3 as a test, presuming if ok will play elsewhere. I am lucky that the slideshow i have done for a family member actually plays from a thumb drive when plugged into a latest Sharp digital TV, but the people also have a sharp blu ray player but will not play on that. I have actually got it to play once but was playing slow and freezing yet from the thumb drive on same tv was fine. Its getting so frusrating, wasted so many hours and discs its driving me crazy.I am imagining if it was a business i was running i would be broke by now, imagine making a show charging the person and then dosent play on their player. So the question is, what do most of you people do and what program do you use to burn onto a disc when in HD. The dvd format is fine but when you see even a 720p one there is a big difference. Luckt this 21st is not to august and lucky they have a thumbdrive that plugs in the tv , otherwise no HD format. I am not using any menus from producer so as it renders and when finished it does not burn automatically just saves it as a file then i use power2go. The software also has bluray section in there but as i have mentioned i do not have a burner in bluray only reader. There must be a simple way, wonder what the nprofessiuonls do. thanks in advance

Re: issues with HD output in proshow producer

Postby steve.s » Sun Jul 15, 2012 9:20 pm

Most likely folder structure problem. - It is probably because you have there a data DVD with an AVCHD folder structure on it, instead of a DVD formatted for AVCHD with the proper lead in and lead out (and other things) for an AVCHD Video-DVD. Here is a link for a free VSO software, you should try it.

http://www.vso-software.fr/products/avc ... =c#formats

- I personally use video-file output from Proshow, and editing it and burn it -> TMPGEnc Authoring Works.

Good luck, it is a hard but adventurous way to go.
Steve

Return to PSP - Third Party Applications