Create Custom Menu w/ 3rd Party

Discuss which third party applications you use to help create your slide shows using ProShow Producer. This is not a forum to promote other slide show software programs.

Create Custom Menu w/ 3rd Party

Postby Ron » Sun Jun 17, 2012 10:09 am

Hi all & thanks for looking!!

I'm pretty bored with the same menu choices offered in PSP after all these years and now that I have a 4 part project that I'm working on - Engagement, Wedding, Reception & Honeymoon - I thought I would create a menu completely different from the norm, something special.

Could any of you direct me in my pursuit of this custom menu if it is possible? I'm not sure where to begin, what software to use that could import into PSP. Any help would be greatly appreciated as I'm attempting to make this my pièce de rèsistance :D

Thanks !!
"Family over Friends" "Night over Day" "Nikon over Canon" "Gravy over Everything"

Re: Create Custom Menu w/ 3rd Party

Postby heckydog » Sun Jun 17, 2012 1:37 pm

As far as I know, there is no 3rd party dvd authoring software that will let you import their menu into PSP.

You would have to import your PSP show, as a video, into the 3rd party program then create your menu, chapter markers, buttons, links, routing, etc. Then you can create your dvd or bluray output.

I use Adobe Encore but there are plenty of other programs to choose from. What other people use is usually a matter of personal preference. But most dvd authoring software will give you a lot more flexibility as far functionality.

Joe

Postby Ron » Sun Jun 17, 2012 7:11 pm

Thanks Joe I appreciate your insights ... I had it backwards it seems ... gotcha, import completed show into 3rd party then make a custom menu. Was hoping the reverse was possible, figured it would be easier with less of a learning curve. :D
"Family over Friends" "Night over Day" "Nikon over Canon" "Gravy over Everything"

Postby heckydog » Sun Jun 17, 2012 7:57 pm

If you decide to go the route of a 3rd party authoring program you will find that the learning curve is worth the effort no matter which one you choose.

Joe

ProShow Hall of Fame

Postby VernonRobinson » Sun Jun 17, 2012 10:04 pm

Encore is a great program, but I believe it is only available via the Adobe Creative Suite. What many people are using that gives you a similar level of functionality is DVD Architect from Sony. I believe it is $39 or $49 dollar download from the Sony website. A lot of functionality for under $50.

Regards,
-Vernon

Postby Ron » Thu Jun 21, 2012 6:45 pm

Thanks guys looks like I've a little learning to do haha. I believe my son has the full suite so I called him and I think he yesd me to death, we'll see!!!
I was also hoping maybe someone here has done what I was asking so I could see what the possibilities are.

Thanks Ron

Postby Ron » Thu Jun 21, 2012 6:45 pm

Thanks guys looks like I've a little learning to do haha. I believe my son has the full suite so I called him and I think he yesd me to death, we'll see!!!
I was also hoping maybe someone here has done what I was asking so I could see what the possibilities are.

Thanks Ron

ProShow Hall of Fame

Postby VernonRobinson » Thu Jun 21, 2012 7:05 pm

You won't be disappointed. The creative suite from Adobe is an awesome product. One of the things that I'm currently looking at is how to put close captioning and along with alternative music or voiceover tracks. All of this is easily done within Encore.
– Vernon

Return to PSP - Third Party Applications