Photoshop CS6 HasBeen released

Discuss which third party applications you use to help create your slide shows using ProShow Producer. This is not a forum to promote other slide show software programs.

Photoshop CS6 HasBeen released

Postby texan » Tue May 08, 2012 10:55 am

OK all you PS lovers here it is........Version 6

It's now on the street......in fact the entire PSCS6 Suite has been released......

Have just started to navigate around PSCS6 and it's breath taking:

1. A whole new interface; easier to navigate while introducing lots of new capabilities. In almost every case where
they have introduced new "bells and whistles" they have left the old ones intact so you can ease into the new features and learn them as you need/use them.

2.An improved Contact Aware capability that now lets you move an object on a single layer; without having to
"erase' the old object, while replacing the background;.......pure magic.........

3. A much improved Cropping capabilty that can be non-destructive.......

4. A gallery of Blur options that lets you set varying depth of fields in different location on the same image.
(More magic)

5. A new adapative Wide Angle filter that identifies the lens used to take the photo and allows you to
optimize the image without cropping it.

6. A much improved video editor..........easier, faster. better video editing right in Photoshop

7. The contract aware capabilty and the patch tool have been sort of been "married" so if you need to patch
a an area near the edge of the impage; it just does it.............

If you're interested in tons more features; jump onto YouTube.......there's all kinds of beginning tutorials
now appearing........It's fun to see this sofware do magic in seconds

Enjoy
Last edited by texan on Tue Jun 19, 2012 10:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Texan

Re: Photoshop 6 HasBeen released

Postby gpsmikey » Tue May 08, 2012 12:36 pm

It sounds really tempting, but while I have CS5 extended, it still looks like they want $399 or some such for the upgrade to CS6 extended. Have not convinced myself yet to apply that much "magic" to my credit card :-)

mikey
You can't have too many gadgets or too much disk space !!
mikey (PSP6, Photoshop CS6, Vegas Pro 14, Acid 7, BluffTitler, Nikon D300s, D810)
Lots of PIC and Arduino microprocessor stuff too !!

Postby texan » Tue May 08, 2012 4:06 pm

Mikey:

I hear you.......what I have been doing is staching some cash monthly thinking that Photodex would have a seminar
on 5.0 (I've been to all of their seminars) but it doesn't look like they plan to do one anytime soon......

So I splurged with my "Photodex Seminar" cash........
Texan

Postby CliffBandringa » Tue Jun 19, 2012 7:48 am

Just an FYI, it isn't Photoshop version 6, it is officially called Photoshop CS6. Version 6 of Photoshop came out around 2000. I actually started with Photoshop 5 in 2000. Some people still use these old versions with their older laptops - a great use for older computers in the field. So we wouldn't want to confuse those people. My 10 year old laptop still runs Photoshop 5 great. When I get back to my office, I can do more polishing with my faster computer running CS3.

Thanks for the summary on CS6. YouTube will make it nice now to learn as opposed to learning something as big as Photoshop 10 years ago. I'm looking forward to upgrading as soon as I find some learning time....

Cheers,
Cliff

Re: Photoshop CS6 HasBeen released

Postby texan » Tue Jun 19, 2012 10:16 am

Cliff:

You're absolutly correct..........It's CS6........

Loving it every day.......

Lots of TUTS on You Tube.......
Texan

Esteemed Member

Re: Photoshop CS6 HasBeen released

Postby Merlin_AZ » Tue Jun 19, 2012 6:22 pm

2 places with great tutorials that I've learned a lot with over the past 2 1/2 years.
http://www.msjphotography.com/
http://www.thedigitalphotographyconnect ... FPFDP2.php

Return to PSP - Third Party Applications