Highlighter Pro

Discuss which third party applications you use to help create your slide shows using ProShow Producer. This is not a forum to promote other slide show software programs.
Esteemed Member

Highlighter Pro

Postby tjdowning » Fri Apr 13, 2012 7:04 am

Hello,
Just purchased the Captions Alive and Highlighter Pro and am excited about the cool text effects I will be able to do.

Watched the tutorial on the sparkle effects from Highlighter and though the final effect was great, my head was spinning trying to take in how to do this. Can I assume this is just a trial and error play around with program? I felt like the tutorial was done by someone who could work their way around it no problem but didn't explain easy enough for people like me. Maybe I just need to play with it more, but wondered if there are any more tutorials or explanations about this?

Thanks,
Terri

Re: Highlighter Pro

Postby gpsmikey » Fri Apr 13, 2012 8:12 am

Dave does have a number of tutorials up on Youtube on his various apps he has written, but he has always been interested in feedback on what you think and what you don't understand. You will generally find him quite good at responding to issues or questions. There is sort of a "leap of faith" required to use that sort of application (like keyframes in Producer) so it can be interesting. When you start playing with video, you find there is a whole world of things you have never heard of before you need to learn. Feel free to ask questions and either some of the folks here that use it or Dave can help.

mikey
You can't have too many gadgets or too much disk space !!
mikey (PSP6, Photoshop CS6, Vegas Pro 14, Acid 7, BluffTitler, Nikon D300s, D810)
Lots of PIC and Arduino microprocessor stuff too !!

Esteemed Member

Postby tjdowning » Sat Apr 14, 2012 12:56 pm

Dave did respond and was very helpful. I tried again to watch his tutorial and then when he did something, I stopped the video and tried it myself. Seemed to make more sense to me that way. Program is just one that I need to play around with, but now already have made a few pretty neat sparkles on captions, which was what I wanted to do.
Thanks!

Postby gpsmikey » Sat Apr 14, 2012 1:24 pm

Very good - yeah, Dave is one of the good guys for supporting his product.

mikey
You can't have too many gadgets or too much disk space !!
mikey (PSP6, Photoshop CS6, Vegas Pro 14, Acid 7, BluffTitler, Nikon D300s, D810)
Lots of PIC and Arduino microprocessor stuff too !!

Return to PSP - Third Party Applications