Replaygain/MP3Gain for Normalizing Music

Discuss which third party applications you use to help create your slide shows using ProShow Producer. This is not a forum to promote other slide show software programs.

Replaygain/MP3Gain for Normalizing Music

Postby manicjonah » Mon Mar 26, 2012 4:59 am

Are the adjustments made by Replaygain recognized by ProShow Producer?

My understanding of Replaygain is that the adjustments it makes to music files while "normalizing" them are stored in an MP3's metadata. Therefore if an application doesn't recognize an MP3's metadata or, specifically, Replaygain's metadata the adjustments won't be heard.

Does anyone have any experience with Replaygain or MP3Gain in ProShow?

Thanks,

Matt

Re: Replaygain/MP3Gain for Normalizing Music

Postby gpsmikey » Mon Mar 26, 2012 6:36 am

You may have to give Photodex a call on that one - I have not seen that issue discussed here before. While I have adjusted mp3 files to do what I wanted, I have not seen anybody mention adjustments stored in the metadata. I guess that would be along the same lines as what Lightroom can do to images (although I think in Lightroom, it stores that information in the catalog but there are also sidecar files). Someone else may be familiar with this, but I would give Photodex a call and ask them.

mikey
You can't have too many gadgets or too much disk space !!
mikey (PSP6, Photoshop CS6, Vegas Pro 14, Acid 7, BluffTitler, Nikon D300s, D810)
Lots of PIC and Arduino microprocessor stuff too !!

Re: Replaygain/MP3Gain for Normalizing Music

Postby manicjonah » Wed Mar 28, 2012 11:55 am

Will do. Thanks for taking the time to reply.

Matt

Return to PSP - Third Party Applications