Best video format to use

Discuss which third party applications you use to help create your slide shows using ProShow Producer. This is not a forum to promote other slide show software programs.

Best video format to use

Postby Andy_S » Thu Feb 16, 2012 5:34 am

Hi, I have decided to start trying to build video into my shows. I am just not sure which video size//quality is best.

I can shoot 1920x1080 @ 24/25FPS or 1280x720 @ upto 60FPS

Any advice welcome!

Thanks

Andrew

http://www.diamondphotography.org.uk

Re: Best video format to use

Postby gpsmikey » Thu Feb 16, 2012 8:28 am

Well, it looks like you are in the UK, so I would assume most of your shows will be in PAL format. As a general rule, the less changes you make to video, the better it works, so the closer you can come to the output format you are going to use, with your video initially, the better off you will be. Changing frame-rates or formats will almost always degrade the video quality. The less compressed the video is to start with, the better your results as well - nothing like re-compressing a highly compressed video to cause significant losses. These are the same basic rules we use when editing video in a video editor so they are just some basic guidelines, the final output format, what you are doing with the video etc all are factors.

mikey
You can't have too many gadgets or too much disk space !!
mikey (PSP6, Photoshop CS6, Vegas Pro 14, Acid 7, BluffTitler, Nikon D300s, D810)
Lots of PIC and Arduino microprocessor stuff too !!

Postby Andy_S » Fri Feb 17, 2012 5:12 am

I am producing parts of my show in Adobe After Effects, just learning so taking quite a while. Just wondering if anyone can recommend the best output to use from AE, .flv or .mov?

Wedding Photographer North East

Esteemed Member

Postby JC » Fri Feb 17, 2012 1:00 pm

The render output I use most often from AE to Premiere Pro is Quicktime using the PhotoJPG codec at 95% quality. I've never tried it with PSP but it is worth a shot since there is a lot to recommend it in the situation I described. If this doesn't work for you I can suggest a couple of other settings or options to try.

Jeff

Return to PSP - Third Party Applications