Canvas Video Overlay

Discuss which third party applications you use to help create your slide shows using ProShow Producer. This is not a forum to promote other slide show software programs.

Canvas Video Overlay

Postby zounderz » Thu Jan 12, 2012 7:28 pm

Does anyone know where I can find a similiar moving canvas (or steel texture) video overlay like the one that is used in this Disney promotional video? I love the effect but I've been unable to find anything similiar to it. (And video isn't necessarily my forte.) The effect shows up much better during full screen view.

( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X-_Y46-TvO8 )

Zounderz
zounderz@msn.com

Re: Canvas Video Overlay

Postby heckydog » Thu Jan 12, 2012 10:01 pm

Just about any photo editor worth it's salt will have some kind of oil painting or canvas effect. Photoshop or Photoshop Elements to name two. I think that would be the easy part. But to do that effect, I'm 99% sure they were holding a green screen board and in order to do that you have to set up your shot that way first. It's nearly impossible to do it in post production.

Joe

Postby gpsmikey » Thu Jan 12, 2012 10:29 pm

I agree with Joe -- chroma key with a green screen - you do have to be careful of several things using a greenscreen. It needs to be evenly illuminated, but you need to make sure it is not reflecting green light off into the subjects (and they can't be wearing any green either). You then use a chromakey effect in the video editor to replace the "green" with a second video track. It is the sort of thing you see all the time on TV for the weather forecasts etc.

mikey
You can't have too many gadgets or too much disk space !!
mikey (PSP6, Photoshop CS6, Vegas Pro 14, Acid 7, BluffTitler, Nikon D300s, D810)
Lots of PIC and Arduino microprocessor stuff too !!

Postby zounderz » Sun Jan 15, 2012 9:24 pm

Thanks. I was looking for the canvas feel. Now if I can just talk my wife in letting me getting a video editor...

Return to PSP - Third Party Applications