Help with Vasco da Gama Issue

Discuss which third party applications you use to help create your slide shows using ProShow Producer. This is not a forum to promote other slide show software programs.

Help with Vasco da Gama Issue

Postby AMD » Sat Dec 03, 2011 8:59 pm

Hi Everyone,

I am trying to create a map route using Vasco da Gama in order to place it in a Producer slideshow. I know that some of you use the program and I am hoping you can help.

I have a situation where I have developed the route that I want and it works fine as it moves the map from point to point. However, I want the entire map to remain static and continue to run the route. Is this possible with the program? I have watched the video tutorials that accompany the program and can't seem to find anything that allows me to accomplish this end.

Thanks,
Ann

Re: Help with Vasco da Gama Issue

Postby solarman » Sun Dec 04, 2011 10:03 am

Hi Ann,
I just bought the program and have not had a chance to really get into it yet. I have watched as many tutorials as I could find about the program, many are in German (no help there). It would seem that somehow you will need to have the entire map route fill the screen so the entire route is not over lapping into the safe areas. As I'm writing this I only have this to offer.

I do wish there was more info on Youtube from other users of Vasco da Gama. I think this program will just need a lot of trial and error playing with to get the hang of it. I do like the $39.99 price I paid and the basic idea of the program. I think once we get used to it we'll be able to help others out like us newbees. Perhaps we need a small blurb here on PSP Enthusiats for just this program because it really is an adjunct to PSP. I wish PSP had an easy program that we could buy that had this mapping features. I bought the program because 75% of my productions are from our world travels and I was looking for something to show viewers just where these photos & videos were taken.

Ann, keep in touch please.

Cheers,

John

Postby AMD » Sun Dec 04, 2011 7:29 pm

John,

Thanks for responding. I will keep trying and let you know if I can solve my problem. I am, basically, pleased with the program. I have had it for some time but hadn't really used it for a show until now. I am trying to create a show with images from a recent Eastern Mediterranean cruise and wanted to show the route taken but would really like all ports to show on at least one slide.

Perhaps someone with more experience with the program will weigh in later and shed some light on the situation.

I will surely let you know if a solution exists . . . and I find it.

Ann

Postby solarman » Mon Jan 02, 2012 5:48 pm

Hi Ann,

I have just finished a grooling few days working with Vasco da Gama and I think I might be of help. Go to the global tab on the top right and then open the camera icon on the right. Click on Camera Control and you have a pick of three choices. Static keeps you where you are and make sure just below that you pick only stop over points. I would then go to your map that you made and click on the first point (either beginning or end point) then click on the camera tab next to the editor tab. Here is where you pick the size of the window for your video but you need to make the same zoom size for each supporting point and stop over point. Using the four arrow tabs on the bottom right of the main screen you can tab to the next point and adjust the zoom. This is how you can do some fancy zooming with your video. So if you want to see it all without the map moving make sure everything is in the safe window by zooming in the "camera" mode.

I had the most problems with the objects not adding them but deleting them. It has been fun working with the program too bad the video instructions are so basic, I guess they want us to use our brains. Good for the gray matter to geta workout I guess.

Let me know if this helps and if I can help some more.

Cheers,

John

Return to PSP - Third Party Applications