Video making/editing software

Discuss which third party applications you use to help create your slide shows using ProShow Producer. This is not a forum to promote other slide show software programs.

Video making/editing software

Postby Opera22 » Fri Nov 25, 2011 8:45 am

I've been looking at various review sites to try and find video editing software.

Corel Video Studio Pro X4 seems to have the best write up. I want to upload some old video of my late Mother, from my old camcorder. Some of the videos have camcorder shake and I want to purchase a programme that will reduce this. Although the description says "Pro X4" I was hoping that, because of the price, it wouldn't be too complicated to use. I can but wish :) I eventually want to make a family PSP presentation, because my eldest brother is a keen photographer and has enhanced some old camera film of my grandparents and some old pictures of during the War - now in jpeg format. I was hoping to add the camcorder pictures of my late Mother. My other brother, also a keen photographer, has some old video of my late Father - It wasn't a camcorder, though, so I'm not sure of the format.

I also want to try and create some basic videos for PSP - I've no idea how, but I would like to try.

Any idea if Corel Video Stuido Pro X4, will lighten a dark video, cure camcorder shake and also create a video? It would be great if it also came with an "idiot's guide" :lol:

Pam

Re: Video making/editing software

Postby debngar » Fri Nov 25, 2011 10:55 am

I don't know about the Corel product since this is a ProShow user forum. But ProShow layer edit adjustment features have sliders to adjust Brightness, White Point, Black Point, Contrast, Blur etc that can be used on still image layers as well as video layers. ProShow does not provide video camera shake fix since it's mainly for making slide shows out of still images and includes some crude video editing features too.

I imagine the best answers about the Corel product would be gained by searching Google to find a forum specifically for that product. If you can't find one that way, try posting a question on the Corel product's Facebook page to ask in the open if others know a good place for the answer to your question or maybe the manufacturer will have an answer.
Debbie
Photography http://deborah-green.com

Postby Lotus » Fri Nov 25, 2011 3:41 pm

Here is the link to the Corel forum. Very nice and helpful....just like this forum.

http://phpbb.ulead.com.tw/EN/viewforum. ... 70f91f2273

Postby Opera22 » Sat Nov 26, 2011 11:28 am

Thanks both for this information.

Pam

ProShow Hall of Fame

Postby VernonRobinson » Sat Nov 26, 2011 2:42 pm

Concerning camera shake, Premiere Elements has this ability built in. If you are going to use a lot of video, you will want to get a video editor. ProShow's video capability are very basic. You will want something like Premiere Elements or Sony Vegas Studio.

Regards,
-Vernon

Postby solarman » Mon Nov 28, 2011 8:40 am

I love my ProShow products but when it comes to video I use Power Poducer 9 from Cyberlink. It can really work wonders on adjusting my videos that have shake, faded or just anything that needs adjusting. Power Producer 10 is out now and I will upgrade soon, I always like to let them figure out any bugs when any program first comes out.

Another great company that has various software is http://www.nchsoftware.com NCH has all kinds of very good yet very inexpensive software to fill everyones needs, check them out.

I have been dubbing my old VHS tapes to DVDs and when I wanted to make video DVDs I could not find a program that would take (capture) the DVD video to my computer to use in ProShow or Power Producer until I tried Roxio Creator 2009. It pulled the video from the DVD and right to the computer in any format I wanted, so for anyone looking for a good program to do just that try Roxio. I wish PSP or other programs would have this feature, maybe they do but I couldn't find it.

Cheers,

John

Postby Opera22 » Sat Dec 03, 2011 6:21 am

Hi

Thanks everyone. I'll look into these and see what I think.

Pam

ProShow Hall of Fame

Postby VernonRobinson » Sat Dec 03, 2011 8:09 am

Pam,
Both Premiere Elements and Vegas have free trials. Try them all out and see which one makes the most sense for you.

Regards,
-Vernon

Valued Member

Postby Osgood » Mon Dec 19, 2011 11:00 am

I use both Corel Video Studio X4 and Sony Vegas 11 and began with quite a few previous versions. Corel X4 is inexpensive and a very powerful and easy to use editing program. Removal of camera shake is apparently able to be done, but I have never tried it.
Amazon have Corel Video Studio X4 for $39.99. Very inexpensive!
"Don't try to teach pigs to sing. It wastes your time, and annoys the pig."

Osgood.

Esteemed Member

Postby twodoor55 » Mon Dec 19, 2011 2:36 pm

I just purchsed Corel, and like some of the nice features that it has. I have use Pinnacle products and have given up on them. too difficult to make changes or upgrades, always seems to be some sort of issue that never gets resolved, so I would not recommend them.

Also tried to download Avid and had sooooo many problems with the key, I returned it.

So far, I am happy with my purchase.
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.
Thomas A. Edison
US inventor (1847 - 1931)

Return to PSP - Third Party Applications