Good blu ray burning software

Discuss which third party applications you use to help create your slide shows using ProShow Producer. This is not a forum to promote other slide show software programs.
Valued Member

Good blu ray burning software

Postby BAD » Wed Oct 19, 2011 9:06 am

I've had my new Dell desktop for about a year. I ordered it with a blu ray burner and the provided software was Roxio Creator Premier. I have used it to burn a few blu ray slide shows. The results are much sharper than the regular burn.

I tried to use it the other day and now it just freezes my computer. I tried to repair it and it didn't work. So I'm going to uninstall it. Of course, Dell no longer provides the software discs of their included software. I'm not having much luck getting info out of De.. So I'll have to buy something.

What software are you folks using ??? I seen some posts on Roxio, Nero and something called Sony DVD Architect. Recommendations will be appreciated. The Sony product sounds interesting, but is it more than a burner?

Thanks.
Barbara
PSP 7/PSE14/Dell XPS 8900\Canon Rebel XSi Sony DSC-HX50V

Re: Good blu ray burning software

Postby gpsmikey » Wed Oct 19, 2011 9:35 am

Yes, the Sony product is more than just a burner. There are actually two versions of it - DVD Architect and DVD Architect Studio. The first one (full) comes as part of Sony Vegas Pro, while the second one comes as part of Sony Vegas Movie Studio (the cheaper version). Both are good products however, I have not yet had a chance to play with the blue ray features (but soon I will have to start I guess). You can find more information on them at
http://www.sonycreativesoftware.com/vegassoftware -- Vegas Pro and Movie Studio both have information on the version of DVDA they have. I usually create my shows by building most of it in Producer, exporting as uncompressed AVI files then finishing with Sony Vegas and using DVDA to actually create the DVD, but have not done Blue Ray yet.

There are also the Sony Vegas forums where you can snoop around and see what others are doing with DVDA:
http://www.sonycreativesoftware.com/for ... ForumID=22
http://www.sonycreativesoftware.com/forums/default.asp

mikey
You can't have too many gadgets or too much disk space !!
mikey (PSP6, Photoshop CS6, Vegas Pro 14, Acid 7, BluffTitler, Nikon D300s, D810)
Lots of PIC and Arduino microprocessor stuff too !!

Valued Member

Re: Good blu ray burning software

Postby BAD » Thu Oct 20, 2011 5:41 am

Mikey,

Thanks for the information, I'll check it out.

Meanwhile, I remembered that I used to use Imgburn to burn the ISO files. So I downloaded it and used it to burn my blu-ray show. The results were excellent. The clarity of the blu-ray DVD is a big improvement over the the regular DVD's I burn.

I did manage to uninstall and then reinstall the Roxie Creator Premier, but it still crashed when I tried to burn the ISO. But Imgburn saved the day.
Barbara
PSP 7/PSE14/Dell XPS 8900\Canon Rebel XSi Sony DSC-HX50V

Return to PSP - Third Party Applications