After Effects and Proshow

Discuss which third party applications you use to help create your slide shows using ProShow Producer. This is not a forum to promote other slide show software programs.

After Effects and Proshow

Postby kojaysnana » Sat Oct 01, 2011 6:13 pm

Hi All,
Hope you all are great!!! I have a question, how can I use an after effects intro video that I found on the pond5 website in proshow, can I convert it to something that proshow accepts?
Please let me know...
Thank you
Karen

Re: After Effects and Proshow

Postby cherub » Sat Oct 01, 2011 6:57 pm

Hi,
I am not familiar with that site and the format in which the material is given to you there.
Is your file a video file? If so there should be no problem to insert it into ProShow. If it's not a video file, you should make into one with After Effects, and then insert it into ProShow as a video.

Postby kojaysnana » Sat Oct 01, 2011 7:30 pm

Hi Mona, I found a free AE intro and downloaded it just to see what the deal is with it and I am going to have to AE software to use it. I hate that!! I was looking at yours, I need something really upbeat, just want some pics to flash in and out, I am thinking just use some of the styles in proshow!! Can I speed up the one you have a little, if so, I am going to get it.

Thanks
Karen

Postby heckydog » Sat Oct 01, 2011 8:48 pm

I have AE, if you can provide a link to the video I can have a look at it and see what can be done.

Joe

Postby cherub » Sat Oct 01, 2011 9:15 pm

kojaysnana wrote:Hi Mona,... I was looking at yours, I need something really upbeat, just want some pics to flash in and out, I am thinking just use some of the styles in proshow!! Can I speed up the one you have a little, if so, I am going to get it.

Thanks
Karen

Which one are you referring to Karen?
In principle, all styles can be used with durations smaller than the ones given in the description. The question is, as always, how they look to you and how they fit the show.

Postby kojaysnana » Sun Oct 02, 2011 9:31 am

heckydog wrote:I have AE, if you can provide a link to the video I can have a look at it and see what can be done.

Joe

Thanks Joe
https://www.pond5.com/video-sound-effects-music-after-effects-photos-illustrations/1/RedAndBlue-project.html. The RedAndBlue project.

This is the one I am looking at.

@ Mona, Intro 1 styles and template...
Thanks
Karen

Postby heckydog » Sun Oct 02, 2011 11:34 am

kojaysnana wrote:https://www.pond5.com/video-sound-effects-music-after-effects-photos-illustrations/1/RedAndBlue-project.html. The RedAndBlue project.

This is the one I am looking at.

@ Mona, Intro 1 styles and template...
Thanks
Karen

Karen,

I looked at it but didn't see where it was a free download. What I saw was that it cost $10 and it looks like it has a royalty free license.

It's an After Effects project file for sure. The file you downloaded should have an aep extension. It's basically a template where you enter your own text in place of the placeholders. I have purchased template projects like that from Videohive.net. This one looks pretty easy to edit but you have to have After Effects.

Joe

Postby kojaysnana » Sun Oct 02, 2011 5:09 pm

Joe, I am sorry, I didn't understand what you were asking. I realized that I was going to need to purchase AE once I downloaded the free one, I google Adobe AE and when I saw the price, I deleted the free one, can't even remember where I got it from except I was on youtube, I sent a message to the designer of that one last night, he replied that he could render it to video for an additional $5 which is not bad, but I decided I don't need to get into things like that, that I know absolutely nothing about. I am just going to try and customize some of the slidestyles that I already have. Hopefully I can come up with something I like...

Thanks a lot Joe anyway

Karen

Postby Deadman » Fri Nov 11, 2011 1:39 pm

You can use all items that you do in AE.. You have to finish them up and then render them. You can save in various formats that Proshow uses. If you have a specific question let me know.

1. First load ae with your item..
2. make all the changes that you are going to make
3. Render in ram or regular way.. ram faster saves in Flv format and takes less time. Quality not as good as other ways, but good enough to use in proshow for the type of thing your doing.
4. Drop your item into proshow add your music and off you go..

Let me know if that helps or hurts. .. There are a ton of item for AE out there that you can use and they don't cost a bundle. I checked out the site you used, and the prices are the same as most of the other locations, but remember you have to have After Effects to make any changes in them.

PS AE and Photoshop does cost a fair amount. If you take a college course, you can buy from the school at a discount. You can take a course in AE and Photoshop, if your into vids and proshow, worth spending the money..

Good luck.. If I can help let me know..

Return to PSP - Third Party Applications