HOW CAN I USE PHOTODEX TO ADD TITLES TO VIDEO FROM ROXIO

Discuss which third party applications you use to help create your slide shows using ProShow Producer. This is not a forum to promote other slide show software programs.

HOW CAN I USE PHOTODEX TO ADD TITLES TO VIDEO FROM ROXIO

Postby pavlenas » Mon Sep 26, 2011 3:46 am

I have created an edited wedding video in Roxio 10, but find that the titles quite restricting.

I have recently bought Proshow and want to be able to import the rendered movie into Pro show to create the titles.
When I tried import the movie into the Proshow to create the titles it said that the movie was too large to fit on the DVD, yet in Roxio there was plenty of room.

Would I do better to render the video to an iso file then bring the file in, or is there another way.

Once I have had more practice I will do all my editing and creating in Pro-show, but for now I just need to complete this wedding video to a high standard.

Can anyone help.

ProShow Hall of Fame

Re: HOW CAN I USE PHOTODEX TO ADD TITLES TO VIDEO FROM ROXIO

Postby DickK » Mon Sep 26, 2011 4:22 am

Which version of the software -- Gold or Producer did you get?

In any case, what your attempting is really not a good use of ProShow. It's not a video editor and I'd recommend that's what you use. Something like Adobe Premier Elements is a lot more suited to what you want to do. Even if you import the video into ProShow, you may not be able to do what you want with Gold. Are you just adding a title screen at the start or are you trying to caption the video at various points?

As for Roxio vs. ProShow you're probably just seeing differences in settings, there are a few quality settings that will influence how much goes on the DVD.

Dick
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." Aristotle ((PSG, PSE & Fuji HS20 user)) Presentation Impact Blog

Re: HOW CAN I USE PHOTODEX TO ADD TITLES TO VIDEO FROM ROXIO

Postby pavlenas » Tue Sep 27, 2011 12:19 am

I have Producer. The reason I did not edit the video in Producer was because I was more familliar with Roxio.
All I want to do is take the file into Producer and use this to add menu's and preview show. I have created an introduction preview show in Producer and that works well. All I need to do now is get the producer to work with the Roxio video which I rendered to as the original (which keeps it to the highest resolution). I suppose it is still an MTS file. In Roxio I would then just burn it to DVD (iso) on to a DVD rewritable disk to view on television.

I now have this video as an iso file. Can that be imported into Producer and can I then add the menu's.

Your help would be appreciated. Wheras I am good at creating and editing these videos I am always unsure exactly what format I should be rendering the film to to get the highest quality.

Your help would be really appreciated as I love working in Producer and the effects that I can achieve.

Return to PSP - Third Party Applications