New Version of Vasco Da Gama (Animation Trip Tracking)

Discuss which third party applications you use to help create your slide shows using ProShow Producer. This is not a forum to promote other slide show software programs.

New Version of Vasco Da Gama (Animation Trip Tracking)

Postby texan » Thu Sep 22, 2011 8:19 am

http://www.photodex.com/share/texan/p9k2cmg4

Motion Studios has introduced version 5 of it's Vasco Da Gama software......

Pros:
It has built in GPS so you create your "path" by entering city/country Names
It also allows you to insert videos/Slideshows at each stop
You can also insert graphics at each stop (i.e. buildings, parks, etc)
You can install your own custom maps onto the Global Earth display
and much much more.......

Cons:
It's still too expensive for most (Unless you use it a lot)
It's has a complex user interface and is NOT easy to use
NO Tutorials (They sell a tut on their web site)
It does have a PDF manual but you have to "dig" to use the program

I purchased the program based on it's professional demo that they show on their web site.
I did a quick tour (The above link; 25secs) and it took me about 2 hours........
I could now do a trip in about 20 minutes; but I've just scratched the surface.

If your interested in trip animation software go the the motion studios site and review their demo

Enjoy (FYI)
Texan

Re: New Version of Vasco Da Gama (Animation Trip Tracking)

Postby jonP » Thu Sep 22, 2011 7:47 pm

Thanks for the update and feature overview. I downloaded this version 5 a while back to test it compared to the version 4 which I have and is still available for a lot less from Roxio. I'm also on the Motion Studios mailing list which unfortunately is not all that useful since I don't read German however it linked to a page where last month they offered discounted upgrades at 20% off the regular upgrade fee. Even with that discount it was still more expensive than I originally paid for V4. After a brief evaluation of the new features I decided I couldn't justify the upgrade cost, at least not for the small amount I've actually used it which is mainly to document family trips. Some of the new features do look useful but I must agree with your assessment - it still has the very, (how shall I say this politely) odd interface that is not very user friendly. When/if they go to a newer-yet version and hopefully allow Roxio to again distibute the previous edition I'll reconsider that decision. For other users of v4 I'd strongly recommend you download the trial version to determine whether the new features justify the price for your usage. But to close on a more positive note, I still like using this software and I must say that the map amimations always invoke comments of how'd you do that from viewers.

Re: New Version of Vasco Da Gama (Animation Trip Tracking)

Postby texan » Fri Sep 23, 2011 3:18 am

Hi Jon:

I'm with you on the versions........I much prefer Version 4; because it's mush easier to use

Although I'm still going to play with version 5

I think I might be able to create a "global template" and then modify it for each trip......

I'm planning a European trip in 2012......
Texan

Return to PSP - Third Party Applications