Animated flourish

Discuss which third party applications you use to help create your slide shows using ProShow Producer. This is not a forum to promote other slide show software programs.
Valued Member

Animated flourish

Postby decaf4me » Tue Jun 21, 2011 6:28 am

Can anyone recommend a reputable vendor for an animated flourish? I would like flourishes for the left and right of an image (either mirror image flourishes or non-symmetrical). I envision the flourishes overlaying part of the image, but maybe the effect could be accomplished in some other way. I tried to Google this, but there is so much junk out there...plus I run the risk of viruses on those image websites :cry:

Re: Animated flourish

Postby heckydog » Tue Jun 21, 2011 6:40 am

Choice Backgrounds has some, http://choicebackgroundsserver.com/index.php

Videocopilot also has quite a few but they do require additional software because their pre-matted videos won't work directly in PSP. http://www.videocopilot.net/products/evolution/

Joe

Postby cherub » Tue Jun 21, 2011 1:41 pm

Hi
You might also have a look at my pack of styles Floral Swirls.
http://seemonasblog.blogspot.com/2011/0 ... plate.html

:D

Postby compass » Wed Jun 22, 2011 1:47 am

You can also try Video Blocks
http://www.videoblocks.com/
Chris

Valued Member

Postby decaf4me » Wed Jun 22, 2011 9:57 am

Thank you Joe, Mona, and Chris.
I have bookmarked all of your great suggestions for future use, but I continue to look for just the right thing. The animated flourish I am seeking is to enhance the title slide of a promotional video for an embroidery business. I am hoping to find a white-on-transparent-background animated flourish that resembles an embroidered flower or stem of flowers. Not very specific, huh? :roll:

Postby SherryJB » Wed Jun 22, 2011 10:58 am

You could try over at Digital Juice. They have a floral Editor's Toolkit that has flourishs http://www.digitaljuice.com/products/pr ... sp?pid=563. Or, you could PM Cherub (See Mona's Blog) or Jennifer Clark (Choice Backgrounds) and see if you might be able to hire them to create something unique for your client.

SherryJB

Postby heckydog » Wed Jun 22, 2011 12:35 pm

decaf4me wrote:Thank you Joe, Mona, and Chris.
I have bookmarked all of your great suggestions for future use, but I continue to look for just the right thing. The animated flourish I am seeking is to enhance the title slide of a promotional video for an embroidery business. I am hoping to find a white-on-transparent-background animated flourish that resembles an embroidered flower or stem of flowers. Not very specific, huh? :roll:

Something like this maybe? wmv, 9 seconds long, 235KB. This is a low-res file without a transparent background. You would need software that can handle pre-multiplied video or an alpha mask to go along with the video.

Flourish

Joe

Valued Member

Postby decaf4me » Wed Jun 22, 2011 4:16 pm

Wow...that's really good! Where did you find that?
Could you please explain "software that can handle pre-multiplied video or an alpha mask to go along with the video"?
Tina

Postby heckydog » Wed Jun 22, 2011 5:14 pm

I made it using the Videocopilot software called Evolution and Adobe After Effects. That particular one used 6 different objects to get the effect.

Pre-multiplied or pre-matted video has the transparency built into it. No need to use a green screen or mask. Not all programs can use it. PSP cannot, it requires the use of an alpha channel video which is just a black and white video.

Because you're looking for a white flourish you could take 2 copies of the video and designate the top one as a mask for the actual video and then put your title slide as the bottom layer.

If you want it, I can make it as a higher resolution avi file and provide a link here. The video would be about 240MB, 12 seconds long, 640x360 wide screen, and the flourish would complete in about 7 seconds and have 5 seconds of steady video. Or PM me if you need anything more specific.

Joe

Postby trulytango » Thu Jun 23, 2011 6:54 am

Nice work, Joe!

Iris :D
Windows 7 HP 64-bit, Intel i5 2500K Quad Core, 8GB RAM, 1.0GB Ge-Force NVIDIA GTX 560i, Adobe Photoshop CS5, Producer 6 (GPU Benchmark was 336, now 324), a big old Canon 20D and a funky Canon Powershot G15

Postby Anna J » Sun Jun 26, 2011 9:14 pm

Joe,
Nice job!
Anna J
Anna

Postby heckydog » Mon Jun 27, 2011 6:09 am

Iris and Anna,

Thanks! It was fun, not that hard to do, and hopefully I was able to help the OP.

VideoCopilot has a lot of addicting plugins and special effects (if you have Adobe After Effects :wink: ).

[/plug] And Andrew Kramer has excellent tutorials on how to use them all. [/plug] :)

http://www.videocopilot.net/tutorials/

Joe

Valued Member

Postby decaf4me » Thu Jun 30, 2011 2:31 pm

A big THANK YOU goes to heckydog (Joe) for creating just the right flourish for me. As it turns out, I decided to go with just a black background and simple text for the title slide, instead of using the image provided by my client. You can view the finished slideshow under the Slideshows forum.
~Tina

Postby heckydog » Thu Jun 30, 2011 9:03 pm

Tina,

Came out really nice. You served your client well and the flourish effect fit in nicely. I'm glad it worked out the first time.

Doing that reminded me of how much fun it is to add little extras like that to a video or presentation. If you've ever watched My Big Fat Gypsy Wedding, on the TLC channel I think, they use the same type of flourishes and I was able to duplicate that opening fairly close.

When I get it polished up a little I may offer it as a free opening and/or closing credit for a wedding. Maybe do Italian, Jewish, Texan, Kossack (?) or other versions too :wink:

Here's a sample: 5 second longs, nothing offensive, wmv file, < 1MB in size

MBFGW

Again, a great job Tina, your client must be tickled.

Joe

Postby trulytango » Fri Jul 01, 2011 8:01 am

Ooh Joe! Love it! :D :D :D
Windows 7 HP 64-bit, Intel i5 2500K Quad Core, 8GB RAM, 1.0GB Ge-Force NVIDIA GTX 560i, Adobe Photoshop CS5, Producer 6 (GPU Benchmark was 336, now 324), a big old Canon 20D and a funky Canon Powershot G15

Next

Return to PSP - Third Party Applications